Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 17 year-old starting out page 3

Gavin is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 5,

Forgot again. So yesterday I was feeling better; my energy isn't high but isn't low. It usuallly cycles between neither high nor low and then low. My hunger's getting better, and I had an awesome workout day. I also had a lower carb day and ended up with vivid and freaky dreams. This happen to anyone else?

Gavin is offline Member
    Day 6,

My legs felt like rubber and I'm getting fuller and fuller on less food. Those are the big things about today. I'm tracking my food to see just how i'm doing, and I can't seem to go above 2000 calories. Anyone else have this problem and/or some ways to add more fat. I already cook everything in butter/coconut oil and drizzle oil on my salad. Thanks!
    Last edited by Gavin; 11-18-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I've always found that eating this way stops me from feeling 'hungry' so much that it's easy to under eat.
    And I ended up losing to much muscle mass, so I've started eating more in general, but especially on days where I've done a heavy workout.
    Sometimes it means eating when I really don't feel hungry though, but it's working. In the past 4 weeks I've put on over around 3 lbs of lean mass (I know some people fluctuate by more than that each day, but by weight hasn't really budged for months now). I'm aiming to be at least 165 lbs by xmas, with a target of 170 lbs at the moment.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Gavin is offline Member
    Day 7,

Yesterday I was feeling really good. My legs felt a little weak but my energy was pretty good. I haven't gotten to the primal "High" but it's coming. I did a workout session and I felt better after than before.

Gavin is offline Member
    Day 8,

Today I felt really good. I've figured out how to eat more and my legs didn't feel all that bad today. My energy was low in the morning but was good all day after lunch. I actually ate over 2000 calories today and feel really good about it!

Gavin is offline Member
    Day 9,

Today is probably my bes so far. I ate alot, I ate only 3 times, and my legs didn't feel like rubber. I tested my hunger and I can almost eat whenever I want without my hunger controlling me. One of the biggest positives to this whole process, though, is my dreams. THey are so vivid and long now, and I love it!! This happen tho anyone else? If so does it go away or stay?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    One of the biggest positives to this whole process, though, is my dreams. THey are so vivid and long now, and I love it!! This happen tho anyone else? If so does it go away or stay?
    That happened to me, too, when I first started. I seem to recall it lasted for a few weeks, but then gradually tapered off and returned to normal. (For me, "normal" means not often remembering my dreams. Still have vivid dreams sometimes, though.)
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Gavin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That happened to me, too, when I first started. I seem to recall it lasted for a few weeks, but then gradually tapered off and returned to normal. (For me, "normal" means not often remembering my dreams. Still have vivid dreams sometimes, though.)
    Dang, I was hoping this would last forever because I love my dreams and I hope to become a full on lucid dreamer!

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the paleo diet! It's really wonderful, never give up. And once you get past the grain withdrawals, you will never WANT to give it up.

Gavin is offline Member
    Day 10,

Today was really good. I stretched my lunch out even further and was feeling fine. My energy was really good. I did a combination of walking, lifting, and sprinting while I was mowing the lawn so that's pretty fun. My lows are getting higher and I'm feeling all around better

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast