Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 17 year-old starting out page 2

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For my first 6 months or so I woke up at 3 am most mornings and would get back to sleep around 4, then sleep for another couple of hours.
    At first I'd lay there and stress about not being able to sleep, which just made it harder to drop off again. Then I started making use of the time, get up and cook food for the next day, iron my stuff for work, read a book etc. Then I'd get back to sleep no probe and feel fine when I eventually got up.

Iirc Mark also blogged about this being a natural part of the sleep rythm for many people.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Gavin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What did you eat the other day before you had the intestinal issues? It may take some time for your body to adjust and stop craving grains. I believe I've heard of other people having sleep disruption during the transition period.
    I don't really crave grains or carbs really, they started to taste like cardboard about a month ago. And I think the intenstinal stuff was just "Left overs" because I had similarly today and I was fine.

Gavin is offline Member
    Day 3,
    I felt really good today. I only had a few times with a light head, but they went away after I ate. I also notice that my old schedule that I would eat on is really different than what my body wants. I'm eating less but staying full for a longer amount of time. The stomach problems didn't affect me and my energy wasn't as back and forth as my first day. Here's hoping that the LCF is over and I start enjoying this lifestyle.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Something I meant to ask before: how are you finding parental support? Sounds like your dad is fairly active (or he's at least promoting you to be), but are your food choices supported and understood?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I had the same thing happen to me with grain-based carbs becoming tasteless! Nobody believes me heh.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gavin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Something I meant to ask before: how are you finding parental support? Sounds like your dad is fairly active (or he's at least promoting you to be), but are your food choices supported and understood?
    First off, I'm the only one in my family is fit and healthy. My mom is worried that I'm going have a heart attack with all the butter/grease/fat. My dad isn't all that active, he just wanted me to try something new. They do buy me the food I like (veggies, bacon, oils) but ask me when I'm going back. Some support but not all that much.

NavyWife is offline Junior Member
    Just wanted to say that I'm impressed with you! How do you handle the peer pressure when all your friends are drinking sodas and eating chips and candy? I have a 15 year old and 13 year old (named Gavin, lol) and I think the peer pressure is part of why they won't join me on the paleo bandwagon. That, and giving up the junk food is really hard, especially for carb addicts like everyone in my family is!

You are doing great! Not many teens would take this sort of challenge; it speaks well of your courage and fortitude! And way to go on that half marathon! Nice job!

Gavin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyWife View Post
    Just wanted to say that I'm impressed with you! How do you handle the peer pressure when all your friends are drinking sodas and eating chips and candy? I have a 15 year old and 13 year old (named Gavin, lol) and I think the peer pressure is part of why they won't join me on the paleo bandwagon. That, and giving up the junk food is really hard, especially for carb addicts like everyone in my family is!

You are doing great! Not many teens would take this sort of challenge; it speaks well of your courage and fortitude! And way to go on that half marathon! Nice job!
    The peer pressure doesn't really affect me. For over a year I've been the "Toe shoes" guy, and for a months months i've been "Healthy Boy" so I don't pay all that much attention to my peers.

Gavin is offline Member
    Day 4,

Forgot about this yesterday. I didn't get light headed alot, and only got a headache once. My stomach problems are gone, and I'm feeling better. My hunger is starting to get bigger though, mostly for fat and meat I'm hoping to do a workout session this week, and also test out my walking legs!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    I don't pay all that much attention to my peers.
    That's something most people will never discover the power of. Ignoring the opinions and judgments of a bunch of people you don't know and thus don't care about frees you to do all the things you actually do care about. Keep kicking ass!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast