Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally Primal (I swear I was Ayla in a past life :P LOL) page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Naturally Primal (I swear I was Ayla in a past life :P LOL)

This is my journal to document me and my families journey into the primal lifestyle. It has been about 2 weeks so far of no grains or processed crap, and buying organic fruit and vegetables, and grass fed meat.
    It was a bit of an adjustment for everyone else to remove the grains, as cereals were a big part of everyones breakfast, but they are all now eating eggs and whatever I serve for breakfast. I have a husband and 2 boys (4 and 18 months). We are all sleeping better and just in better moods over all. I have lost about 30 kg in the last 18 months, in the CW way, IE low fat etc, but half of that was pregnancy weight, so really it has been horribly slow, plus I had bingeing issues, but now have resolved them. I have about 20-30 kg to go, but primarily I want to be healthy, losing weight will be a bonus. It has become apparrent to me though due to feeling quite sick I do need to give up dairy too, I have cream with 1-3 coffees each day, and I feel horrible after. I imagine its the coffee too though. So that is my newest challenge as it is hard to give it up.
    I am a kiwi living in Australia.
    During my weight loss journey, I was doing a lot of gym classes, then was doing a lot of running and trained for a half marathon (which I completed in 3 hours in July, so very slowly) then a lot more classes, but then I realised I needed to start lifting heavy which I have been, but then have done very little cardio lately, so will start doing some sprints too. Will also do some of the WOW from this site. I am also hoping to get into crossfit soon too.
    Will add some pics of my journey so far. I am looking forward to seeing the changes in my body from following this primal lifestyle Heres hoping without the dairy the belly will disappear, as its my most hated body part
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 01-26-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Removed photos
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 04-28-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Removed photo
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 04-28-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Just did the self assessment for the PB Fitness plan, which my husband and I are starting tomorrow.
    Did a bit worse than I thought, but I do have a very sore foot as we bought a chin up station today and I dropped a large piece of it on my foot. I can walk on it just, but pushup and plank position is awful pain.
    Pushups - 10
    Pullup - 0
    Full squat - 61
    Overhead press - 0
    Plank - 31 sec

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Ayla! Good Luck on your journey.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

omg that coffeee!!!!!!

opps wrong thread :/

been checking Ketone and Glucose levels, and it seems first thing in the morning I have none, but by mid morning to before bed it gets progressively higher. I have a weird feeling in my head, almost lightheadedness, but not too bad, and so I test and that is when I notice the ketones. Glucose is staying at 0.
    Been trying to get my protein up to do the leptin reset too. Been following the PB fitness plan this week, tonight is LHT
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 11-15-2011 at 10:15 PM.

OK done:
    2 sets of:
    30 pushups
    20 2 leg assisted chin ups
    50 full squats
    20 elevated jackknifes
    90 sec plank knee
    45 sec side plank

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love how now I am living this WOL I am not having to eat every 2-3 hours, and when I needed to eat then I got starving, it was awful, I had to eat right then or else. Now I generally eat 3 meals a day, but sometimes don't need lunch. I am learning to go with only eating when hungry, not just because, as I have had food issues, which have disappeared with this WOL. My relationship with food is much much easier now, when before I struggled with binge eating for over 9 years.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast