Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally Primal (I swear I was Ayla in a past life :P LOL) page 5

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    argh my stupidity astounds me sometimes, and now I feel like utter crap

OK its been nearly 3 weeks since I updated. But things are going pretty well, still fully primal, and we are up to almost 2 months
    Still loving how I feel, but still fighting the candida, but my itching is much better.
    Ive been drinking a little Apple Cider Vinegar in water 2 x a day, 2 capsules x 3 times a day of Kyoltic garlic, 1 a day of oregano oil capsules (only been 2 days), plus my 2 x a day probiotics. Also using garlic, yoghurt, apple cider vinegar, 3% hydrogen peroxide (diluted in a cup of water) and tea tree oil (separately) on the actual itch and its all helped immensely. All these tips were from a book on candida.
    Naturally Primal
    Here is my blog, which is where I will try to update daily with meals, including pics when I remember.

OK I am still around, but only been updating tumblr, but I think I need this journal too.
    Here is where I am at now:

Its been nearly 6 months of primal living. Ive tried about 3-4 times to give up cream and coffee, and recently I did succeed for a month, and went from 102 cm waist to 89 cm waist. The last week or so coffees and cream have been coming back in. And yes I feel like crap I turn into a nasty bitch when I drink coffee too. I don't know why its so hard to keep away from it, I really don't know. But I know its got to stop and its got to stop now. Today I have had 4 cups already, its ridiculous. My waist will be starting to go back up soon I am sure.

Oh and 5 cm off my hips during that time.
    Also last week I had many cheat meals, including nasty nasty food, and grains. And I felt it all week at CrossFit, I felt so weak and tired and lightheaded. It sure was a reminder of why I don't eat that way anymore, and I can't go back to grains. Cheats now, need to be rare and only things like sushi, or something, but I went so long without them I really don't need treats.
    Plans for now are:
    - Have a big breakfast (Like LR protocol) I have realised I can't fast at the moment, it doesn't make me feel good, then I end up eating too much, still primal foods, but still too much. Then have a slightly smaller meal around 3-4 pm as I was doing before. I then go to CF at 6.30 pm and don't eat after.
    - Carry on with CF 5-6 days a week.
    - Cold turkey on coffee and cream again, I know I can do it, I managed a month so I can do more.
    - Keep away from nightshades too, as I am noticing a lot of old soreness in my joints again lately like I used to have, and I guess the cream is also going to add to that, and probably even the coffee.
    - Keep updating this journal.

Last nights workout:
    Skills:
    Deadlifts 40 kg 5 sets of 10

Workout:
    200 m run (60 sec on bike for me due to my leg, based on another woman who runs similar speed to me)
    5 x sumo deadlift high pull 30 kg
    10 x ring dips (purple band)
    20 x air squats
    5 rounds

15:29
    I really enjoyed this workout a lot. I feel so strong and fit right now.

Tonight we are doing 1 RM for strict press. A month ago I did 33 kg for it.

Food for today:
    B - Spicy chicken nibbles with butter, coconut oil and ghee. So delicious!
    L - Sweet potato and broccoli with butter, and more chicken nibbles.
    D - T-bone steak and salsa (last of the tomatoes, then won't buy any for a while)

OK still working on my dairy/coffee addiction.
    I am trying to do a whole30, but for now I think I need to call it a modified whole30. I will try and cut down my dairy intake to two instant coffees with cream a day. I was buying at least one out every day, which is a lot of dairy. So if I can stop that happening, ill be happy.
    I will not be having any crap food/packaged/processed. No more allowing cheats. Cheats should be something like fruit or dark chocolate.
    I have not been allowing myself fruit since going primal, which is stupid, because if I cheat, its really crappy food, so ill try for fruit instead (occasionally).

Food for today:
    b - spicy chicken nibbles, cooked in ghee, and coconut oil (overkill on the fat maybe?)
    l - steak, sausage and green salad.
    D - pork belly with steamed broccoli.

First Starting Strength workout tomorrow and I am looking forward to it.
    Ive had nearly 2 weeks off CrossFit on the advice of my physio, and I am itching to workout.
    Will do the SS program 3 days a week, and 3 x walk/jog (depending on my leg).

CrossFit is going to be on the backburner for now, I do love it, but I need a break from it for now.

OK So I am back here.
    Since giving up CrossFit I have gained around 20 kg, because at the same time I went back to eating SAD, in a huge way. I felt like crap, got more aches and pains in my body and lost all fitness as I did nothing except sit on my ass.
    The last 2 months I have given up all the crap again, and the last 2 weeks have been walking at least 5 km each day. Chronic cardio, maybe, but I feel good getting out there, and at my size (240 lbs, and only 5 f 2, I struggle to do much more at this stage). Also the last 5 days have been eating higher fat (70%) and VLC, under 10%, and the rest protein. Using BP coffee, and 1-2 meals a day. I am feeling pretty good, and have tons of energy, and have lost 1kg and 3cm from my waist already. Will stick at this for a while, but will try to transition away from the BP at some point, and have an actual high fat meal instead.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    You should check out the Eat Moar Fat Challenge thread on the Nutrition forum. There is also a group for LCHF recipes in the community.

Welcome back, by the way.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast