NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welcome back Ayla. Nice to hear from you again
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I have been eating just a lot of crap.
    Today I am going to start with bone broth and go from there. I have not felt real hunger for a long time as I have just been stuffing my face non stop so need to fast for a bit I think.
    I have horrible candida at the moment so also trying to get on top of that using garlic, probiotics and acv. It's been around for months and months and yet I was still eating sugar. Sigh.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    welcome back, Ayla

for your second go, try not to be so strict and hard on yourself as you're going in polar extremes in mental health with food and you might just crash again.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    What is the thought that goes through your mind when you are in the process of giving yourself permission to eat something you know you shouldn't? Or is the process different in some way?

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Hey Ayla, good to have you back. From what i've heard candida can be incredibly tenacious. Do you have a health practitioner you're working with?
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back, Ayla. Hope the bone broth was good - I have some waiting to turn into something but the weather is so hot right now that I just don't feel like soup. Good for you taking a fresh stand for good health, it's so worth it - and so are you. Grok on

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    welcome back Ayla! bone broth weather down here. i had a long sleeved T shirt, a hoody and my winter hunting jacket on when i took the dog to the beach and i was still a bit cold. it was summer yesterday. i have found out some interesting things about the need to stuff my face of recent regardless of hunger. quite what to do about it i am still working on. we are all works in progress so good on you for deciding to do something about it. we so need our health.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly when earning shit I have no thoughts in my head.
    I have had a lot of family stress lately which doesn't help.
    Just has to be one day at a time right now.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i try and fail lots to have a plan of what i am going to eat the next day. below is advice based on what helps and works for me if i keep on top of it.

giving yourself permission is a wierd way to look at it as disordered eating is not about control and permitting yourself to do something is control. also trying to work out other ways of coping with family stress can help as it is not an avoidable stressor. it may even be a plan to go back to the PB as it is in the book itself. dont stress about macros, goal weights or anything like that. just eat healthful food and try to do some gentle exercise daily and some body weight exercises a few times a week. also work out what your damaging vices are and try to minimise the damage. eg i can whittle mine down to coffee. i can dodge or live without all the rest if i have coffee. i cant remember where you were financially but if you can get yourself a massage or go to the beauty therapist, join a gym or whatever to get you away from the food cupboard and help you feel good, that will help. above all try not to deny or punish youself with food. and if you slip up, dont beat youself up or give up and fall further down the hole. just get up the next day and go back on track. it will all even itself out in the end. once you are feeling a little better, maybe try to look at triggers. then avoid them like the plague. or even, if it isn't avoidable, acknowledge them once you spot them and try to not let them stress you out in a food orientated manner.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930