Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally Primal (I swear I was Ayla in a past life :P LOL) page 27

katemary is offline Senior Member
    2.5 kg a week is impressive

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks KM, I did gain some of that in the beginning of Feb when I lifted heavy, so who knows how or what but ill take it.
    I have stopped drinking BP coffee, and am having 3 smaller sized meals a day, and I feel good. The scales appear to still be moving down, but official weigh again 1/3, so I will see.
    As for the diabetes issue, have not done anything about that as yet.

Didn't let the rain stop me, just did 4 km walk/run in 41 mins, and its pissing down in Sydney. I did short runs and walks, no specific timing. I stopped running once I got twinges in my shins, as I have had shin splints before and don't want to push it.

I have been thinking about my sons school canteen and how they sell coloured icecreams with 10 ingredients, and frozen coke flavoured slushies etc. I looked up the NSW health guidelines for school canteens, and these type of drinks (not sure on the icecream yet) were banned in schools in 2007. So I want to look into this more. There are quite a few over weight kids I have seen at school already. These kids are eating their lunch, then going to the canteen to buy sugar laden garbage, and its not right. A couple of other mums I talk to at school don't feed their kids that crap, so I will start with talking to them. If I say nothing, no changes will ever happen. Not to say I can make them change, but I am sure going to try.
    Just by researching first, as I am not going to approach the Principal about unhealthy food while I am still so over weight. But if the school is actually breaking the law, then I want things to change ASAP. If not, then it will take longer.

http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/resour...spec_model.pdf

https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/policies/...20110420.shtml

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/media/...rink_flyer.pdf

Lately I have ended up with a bit of a chaffing issue I guess more from walking a lot more all day, and the fact that my pants are getting loose between my legs. Its very painful, and very humiliating. Its one of the nastiest side affects of being so obese. I hate it so much, I really don't know how to solve this one. I guess its just going to be patience and dealing with the pain in the mean time. It happens every single day now.

And I have been thinking more about how I got overweight in the first place. And yes I now believe it was as simple as eating way more food than my body actually needs to survive, I am thinking its been 2-4 times more than I need at times. Its now wonder I am morbidly obese. Yes I know people have actual medical conditions causing them to gain weight, but this is not the case for me.
    I was normal until I was 18, then I just started eating too much. It started out with eating for emotional reasons, and trying to stuff those feelings down. But also spent a lot of time eating for "fun", oh movie night, lets have takeaways, birthdays?, lets go out for dinner. Food was there, it was eaten. I am noticing this with my children too, in the rare times we are in a shopping centre, they see food and they ask for it. I don't buy it, because I know we have just eaten, and I don't want to eat that crap, but its just everywhere, its always around us, and so easy to get, its insane.
    I wish we did have a farm, and we needed to work to get our food. That is real life, that is how it should be.
    But I do think after a long period of eating like this, does mess up hormones, and makes things more difficult when we want to lose weight, on top of eating all the nasty processed foods, and refined sugars. But when eating primally, after a period of times, things start to even out again, and losing weight becomes easier. Especially now of course I know exactly how much I need, and can stop when I don't need more. This took a long time to learn, and it feels amazing. And for me, I know I don't need that much food to survive. I feel great, I can sleep well, and my digestion is working perfectly. And the scales are moving down, I know once I do more than just walking, my body will ask for more food, and when it does I will listen.

This school canteen thing is going to be something I may never be able to change, even with enough parents willing to help.
    So many people consider items that are food that I do not.
    This soft drink ban in schools can be worked around if the drink is based on fruit juice, even cola flavouring. Food standards Aus and & NZ, have determined the amounts of additives and preservatives in all these foods to be OK and safe to consume. Its bullshit, yes my child doesn't get to buy it, but I am concerned for other children too. They would have less behavioural issues to deal with if they took away this garbage, and I doubt it would cost them any more time and money to make real food, and take away the crap.
    https://healthy-kids.com.au/category/128/contact-us I was just speaking to this place, as they have the guidelines for schools. Icecreams are allowed too. This makes me angry.
    She said its designed for parents who have to work mostly who dont have time to make lunches. Yes this is fair enough, but why give them so many junk food choices? I even told her that primary schools in NZ have lunch orders only 3 days per week and there is only about 6 items on the menu. She then told me that it comes from the local corner store. It wasn't like that when I was growing up, and I bet its not now. This is a much better system I think, yes even those pie and muffins are not great, but better than all these other non food items school canteens here sell.
    I just don't know if its worth my time to talk to other parents about it as I am sure I am not alone in how I feel. But would changes ever get made if there were enough parents? Children need to be able to choose healthier items than this if they are buying their lunches. But also its not only lunches, they get to go to the canteen after they eat their lunch, so surely none of the things they are eating are due to hunger? So these kids must be all over eating?
    I don't know why I care so much, but I do.

Parents should be able to choose what to feed their children at home, of course, but in an area like this, where they might buy their friends food, there should be much less to choose from and much healthier options.
    So called treats should be, real fruit iceblocks, fruit, even things like date/seed balls.
    I see kids in the morning walking around with garlic bread. Before school.

Argh maybe I just have to stop thinking about it.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    That's tough about the canteen, but the best you can do is educate your kids about food choices and quantities - as soon as they are 17 years old they are exposed to the real world anyway.

Thats true KM, and that is all I hope for, that I have shown my boys the right things so far, and they will make the right choices.

So down another kg this week, (2.2 lbs), so that is 7.7 lbs in 2 weeks.

Things are falling into place, and happening, so very happy.

I am only slightly down from the beginning of Feb as I went up a little in the first 2 weeks which is one of the reasons I went to the Dr, but I should have just waited, but its fine. I think I have finally worked out the right amount of food that my body needs so fat is coming off.

So Friday is going to be my weigh in for Feb, but I can tell things are getting smaller, things are just falling into place and I am feeling good.
    I don't know if I am going to be down a huge amount, since I went up at the beginning of the month, it was actually more than I thought.
    I was 105 kg at 1/2 then on 11/2 for some reason I weighed 108.2 kg. But I am already back down below 105 kg, but not by much, so will be interesting to see where I am at on Friday.
    I am happy I am down 3.5 kg in weeks, but will be much happier once I am below that 100 kg again, and beyond of course.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

So pretty! I have been hanging out for pink ones. The last were bright orange. But they only seem to get certain colours in the shops, and they do change all the time. My old ones were very worn, the nike shop guy couldn’t believe how much. I went down in profile too, from 5.0 to 3.0. I will go back to vibrams eventually when I get some more weight off.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast