Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally Primal (I swear I was Ayla in a past life :P LOL) page 15

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I paid $55 per week for that privilege
    what a horrid story! i am sorry you had to go thru that x my personal trainer is $35/week. since i go weekly i get a cheaper rate. he is never mean to me despite the fact i rib him about being a sadist. he always encourages me and i get results. i would totally recommend that route for a while until you feel ready to crossfit again. you can pay your gym membership with the change!

it is a trick finding the right personal trainer and i would actual recommend a man myself. they push you harder for a start. the woman they used to give all the new woman at my old gym was awful. very condescending and not very thin. when i was on gym placement there when i was studying she dobbed me in to the gym owner for giving one of her weight loss clients nutritional advice. the woman was similar age to me, was not losing weight on all the cardio and low fat muffins and had asked me what i ate. so i told her to cut the grains and sugar. i got a lecture from the gym owner about how grains were healthy lol def try to find one with real life experience vs a piece of paper from an institute of study. mine is also very good on working around injuries and injury avoidance. i do now go to the gym in town which most of the body builders and powerlifters go so their focus is there. but they arent pretencious ( no i cant spell it! ) or mean and no one cares about chalk.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Second attempt at replying...
    Go gentle on yourself. Difficult to know from just a forum, but you seem to be incredibly gung-ho. And that's great! But I do worry that you will burn yourself out before reaching your goals. Hence my plea to take it a little easy - slow and steady and so forth. You have the whole rest of your life to enjoy all this goodness; you really don't have to set such a breakneck pace. Change will happen.

As for Crossfit - WTF? No idea what was going on there. Cliques and bitchyness like high school. Crazy.
    Thanks heaps for replying. I know this has to be slow and steady, its a lifestyle, I was already starting to let the numbers get to my head again, so will stop tracking for a while, I know now what I need to eat to get the macros, so will go from there.
    Yeah bitchiness alright. And those last comments I added from my trainer were in front of people, not pulling me aside to talk or whatever, but in front of everyone

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    what a horrid story! i am sorry you had to go thru that x my personal trainer is $35/week. since i go weekly i get a cheaper rate. he is never mean to me despite the fact i rib him about being a sadist. he always encourages me and i get results. i would totally recommend that route for a while until you feel ready to crossfit again. you can pay your gym membership with the change!

it is a trick finding the right personal trainer and i would actual recommend a man myself. they push you harder for a start. the woman they used to give all the new woman at my old gym was awful. very condescending and not very thin. when i was on gym placement there when i was studying she dobbed me in to the gym owner for giving one of her weight loss clients nutritional advice. the woman was similar age to me, was not losing weight on all the cardio and low fat muffins and had asked me what i ate. so i told her to cut the grains and sugar. i got a lecture from the gym owner about how grains were healthy lol def try to find one with real life experience vs a piece of paper from an institute of study. mine is also very good on working around injuries and injury avoidance. i do now go to the gym in town which most of the body builders and powerlifters go so their focus is there. but they arent pretencious ( no i cant spell it! ) or mean and no one cares about chalk.
    I do have an anytime fitness membership which is 2 mins down the road. I do need to get off my butt and use it for sure. I do have a card from a PT guy I got when I signed up, so might give him a call actually. Yes I think I will do that
    While walking, and my pushups and dips around my house might be enough for now, I do want to get back into the olympic style we did as part of CrossFit, I did love those strength days more than the WODS.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    We had an event where another box came over for a competition, it was along side the open workouts for the CrossFit games.
    That night I had 2 beers, no idea why, since I don't drink. Anyway we were packing up to go home, and I was playing with a plastic salad dressing bottle and tried to flip it over, and I dropped it. My coach lost it, and said he was sick of my shit. My mouth fell open, and I didn't know what to say to that, and stormed out and drove home. Now I was not at all drunk, and I knew I was fine to drive the 3 mins to my house. I would not have driven had I not felt up to it. Someone else was going to drive me home, but I was just too upset to hang around.
    I showed up the next day, and the coaches partner came out to speak to me, and said they had followed me to make sure I got home safely. I thanked her, but I was still puzzled as to why she came out to meet me. She then went into a long speil about how I made everything about me, when talking to people (i did not know I was doing this at all). And that I needed to put my children in day care (I don't believe in it FOR US). She thought she could say this because yes I was vocal about how happy I was to be there every night during the week, as it can be a long day with 2 children, but I love my children of course, but I did need that break at night, CrossFit was me time, that I thought I deserved. She also said they hated me hanging out afterwards, as they always wanted to go home, WTF? I was never the last to leave, I always hung out when there was at least one other person there, and we seemed to be having fine conversations, that no-one seemed uncomfortable with. I don't get that at all. There was lots more stuff said, but basically she said we need you to take a break for a week, I was also dealing with an injury at the time, so thought yeah why not. Thinking about this now, makes me feel sick. She pretty much told me I was the worst person in the world. I ended up getting a text message later asking me to find somewhere else to train. To say I was devastated was an understatement. The whole situation was messed up, and I wish I knew why it was me that they didn't like for whatever reason. All that stuff they said hurt a lot.
    This sent me to stop eating primally and stuff myself as much as possible, and I stopped exercising completely. This gained me nearly 20 kg again.
    Which brings us to now. I have lost nearly 3 kg of that. But once again I am starting again. Did I let them get to me? Yes I did, but the whole situation was fucked up.
    Ouch!

You know I can't even understand what you did wong after the two beers. Maybe I don't understand the equipment terminology.

What do they mean re kids in daycare? Did you take the kids with you there every night?

It is very difficult to hear feedback about how you present in social situations. I had a wake up call once when a friend made a dig that I always gave the latest protracted tales about my woes at work when a bunch of us meet as a group. Funny thing was I had a bit of a sulk and then tried to speak as little as possible anytime I saw him, and certainly not about myself. (defensively I thought - but you guys are my original "work" buddies, you are the best people to talk to about this and I trust and respect your opinion, and if you were going through similar trauma, I would want to hear and share it and sympathise...reasonable. Maybe my work was too constantly traumatic, lol. But still...) The sulking and not sharing made my realise however how right he probably was but also, geez its a load off to just facilitate conversation and not have input. Sometimes I also get a kick out of never giving anything away! Its hard not to be hurt and defensive, but its worth writing down the comments (not the worst most dramatic version you want to remember, but what was said) and coming back to think about it when the hurt subsides. I mean, how many people who you know have irritating or annoying habits but no one tells them and everyone thinks it. Not saying you do, I don't know you so how can I say, just saying try think about it neutrally at some point and it may be helpful info.

and where is this horrible cross fit. I am not going!
    Last edited by katemary; 01-17-2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Aw G can you be my mummy? LOL
    You are so kind. You too, thanks Dora
    Its nice to hear outsiders opinions on what happened. For ages there I was trying to work out what I did wrong
    Lots of things he said to me over the time I was there made me wonder.
    One day I was getting my shoes on and I was leaning against the front of his car, and he said "oh get the fuck off my car". He laughed after and said he was joking, but it didn't feel nice. I used a lot of chalk on my hands in the early days, and everyone kind of teased me about it, which was fine. But one day after a session, he said If I ever see the chalk every where like that again, you won't be allowed back, or something along those lines. I said I was sorry and offered to clean it up, but he just brushed me off. I wasn't going out of my way to make a mess. I was too scared to use chalk again after that. I think he hated me from day 1 for some reason. I paid $55 per week for that privilege. And I might add it took me months to gain the courage and confidence in myself to go There is another place, although not as close that I can go. But one day, baby steps.
    Just a benign question - was everyone else there incredibly fit and athletic (vs struggling with weight)?

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    are you sweating in Sydney? It's still close to 30C outside here and I can't conceive of being able to sleep (should have been in bed 40 minutes ago). I'm melting...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

are you sweating in Sydney? It's still close to 30C outside here and I can't conceive of being able to sleep (should have been in bed 40 minutes ago). I'm melting...
    yep!

and it is meant to be 37 plus here tomorrow.

Last week when it was 42, it was still over 30 at 3 in the morning. Very little sleep on the horizon. Would be worse too where Ayla is.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Morning troups.
    I have woken up to snow on the southern alps !!!! It looks amazing but not quite right at this time of the year. And its VERY cold this morning !!!!!!! So I will be wearing my winter woollies on my walk this morning !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Morning troups.
    I have woken up to snow on the southern alps !!!! It looks amazing but not quite right at this time of the year. And its VERY cold this morning !!!!!!! So I will be wearing my winter woollies on my walk this morning !!!!!
    Yeah, that's right...rub it in. It's meant to cool down in Melb later - not a moment too soon for me.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Enjoy the cooler day badgergirl. What I find hard is the going back to hot hot hot after a freezing day like today !!!!!
    It almost looked like a frost.......
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Just a benign question - was everyone else there incredibly fit and athletic (vs struggling with weight)?
    Yes all except one other was fit and athletic.

Ouch!

You know I can't even understand what you did wong after the two beers. Maybe I don't understand the equipment terminology.

What do they mean re kids in daycare? Did you take the kids with you there every night?

It is very difficult to hear feedback about how you present in social situations. I had a wake up call once when a friend made a dig that I always gave the latest protracted tales about my woes at work when a bunch of us meet as a group. Funny thing was I had a bit of a sulk and then tried to speak as little as possible anytime I saw him, and certainly not about myself. (defensively I thought - but you guys are my original "work" buddies, you are the best people to talk to about this and I trust and respect your opinion, and if you were going through similar trauma, I would want to hear and share it and sympathise...reasonable. Maybe my work was too constantly traumatic, lol. But still...) The sulking and not sharing made my realise however how right he probably was but also, geez its a load off to just facilitate conversation and not have input. Sometimes I also get a kick out of never giving anything away! Its hard not to be hurt and defensive, but its worth writing down the comments (not the worst most dramatic version you want to remember, but what was said) and coming back to think about it when the hurt subsides. I mean, how many people who you know have irritating or annoying habits but no one tells them and everyone thinks it. Not saying you do, I don't know you so how can I say, just saying try think about it neutrally at some point and it may be helpful info.

and where is this horrible cross fit. I am not going!
    I don't get the problem either. I would never have driven if I didn't feel like I could. But apparantly the coache hates people who drink and drive. As do I, but I was perfectly in control of myself.
    The day care thing was because they thought I needed a break from my children, because I was saying I enjoyed getting the break and going to CrossFit every night, I don't really see how that even goes together or why they even needed to say it.
    Its just down the road from me.
    It sucks we can let other people change how we are around them I don't see what is wrong with what you were doing either.

Yes, had to turn on the air con so we could go to bed, it sucked.

yep!

and it is meant to be 37 plus here tomorrow.

Last week when it was 42, it was still over 30 at 3 in the morning. Very little sleep on the horizon. Would be worse too where Ayla is.
    Yep over 40 degrees here today is forecast. Air con will be going on once it reaches around 35 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Morning troups.
    Snow!!! Geez LOL, No way!

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast