Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally Primal (I swear I was Ayla in a past life :P LOL) page 10

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Just read through all your journal so far, keep it up, your doing really well and with two young children and studying don't be too hard on yourself! Hope the exam goes well.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMumUK View Post
    Just read through all your journal so far, keep it up, your doing really well and with two young children and studying don't be too hard on yourself! Hope the exam goes well.
    Thanks so much

ooh my cashew butter, where have you been all my life!?!

Went down another 1.1 lbs overnight
    this is the most movement ive seen on the scales in 8 months. Even back then I didn't go down each day.
    I am down nearly 5 lbs in almost 2 weeks. Maybe not huge, but for me it is .

Nothing exciting to report today.
    2 days till next official weigh in.
    Feeling pretty good still. Woke up feeling rested again.

Going to a BBQ at someones house today, will not be eating lunch as usual. So will be interesting to see how this goes down. Last time we were there, had a big discussion about our lifestyle as he doesn't agree with it. I nearly didn't go because of it.
    I can't be bothered discussing it with people who really don't care, and won't read about it themselves.
    There will be birthday cake, which I know my children will want, I guess I have to compromise, and let them have a little piece, but the aftermath won't be fun.
    The host insisted we didn't need to bring meat either, but I bet they have nasty additive filled sausages, which again my children will won't over other meat. Sigh. Maybe I just pretend I don't care today, I guess a small amount of crap won't hurt, but maybe it will, I am really trying to keep things in check due to the sensitive digestion my youngest son seems to have.

That BBQ we went to that I nearly didn’t go to as I wanted to avoid food dramas, particularly my children, as I knew there would be birthday cake, and additive filled sausages etc. Were asked just to bring a green salad, which I did. Did not want to offend host by bringing our own meat, so figured id just let it go.

Got there and the table was filled with chips, and supermarket dips. Thankfully there was carrot sticks and fruit too. I managed to distract my children from eating too many chips, but then the meat started being cooked. Out came the TON of breads. And tomato sauce. Of course my children wanted the bread and sauce. I managed to get my oldest to eat steak and salad, but my youngest did have a piece of bread and some sauce. Unfortunately hardly any meat

Then came deserts, here is me thinking there would be birthday cake, as she asked if it would be OK if she got one. I said it was fine. But then there was cheesecake, and some other cake, and meringues. It was a serious desert overload. Thankfully I managed to just give my children a small piece of cake plus some fruit salad.

Then the rest of the afternoon they played fooze ball with the other children and some adults. Then my oldest had a meltdown about losing, and so he got upset and hit his brother. Then he started screaming.

It does not take much garbage food to affect them. Hopefully they will learn as they get older why its not good for us. Not looking forward to my youngest’s next poo

I did not touch a single food item there, I waited till I got home and cooked my chicken thigh, bacon and had my homemade guacamole with it. Delicious!
    I call this a super victory for me, not touching that food was huge. I just sipped from my water bottle all day. People asked about it, especially since I was steering my boys away from the crap food. Most seemed interested, but I got the "oh but I could never give up my bread" blah blah. I heard others saying oh I have no self control. And most stuffed their faces, and said oh I need a sleep now. I am so glad I did not do that to myself.

WTF up 1/2 kg this morning (1.1lbs).
    I don't get it. Tomorrow is the official weigh in though, so shall see.
    Been meeting all my macros, so no idea.
    After yesterdays efforts I would have thought it would be down more. Oh well. Stupid numbers! I feel smaller.

Damn today I have the desire to eat everything in sight. Since I am not hungry, I am not giving in to the urge though, but its weird. I have not had thoughts of eating when not hungry in ages. Wonder what is going on?

That urge has thankfully passed. Not sure what was going on there. Still not actually hungry.

I have decided since I have been focussing on numbers, macros and weights and measurements. I will stop using my runkeeper App on my phone, and just walk. It shouldn't matter how far or fast I am going. Its just moving after all.

Mumdownunder is offline Junior Member
    Hi Ayla,

Don't give up and don't get freaked out by the scale. I experience the same thing with weight fluctuations. We ( husband daughter and myself) been primal for a week now. We took our measurements at the begining of week one and again this morning and even tho daughter only lost 1kg she lost 5cm of her waist and her hips. Personally the scale drives me nuts and I try to avoid it. Find measuring to be a far more accurate way to track progress.

You're doing great, hang in there.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast