Thread: My hair is falling out! page

pktrainer is offline Junior Member

My hair is falling out!

Primal Fuel
    So I've only been eating primal for about 2 months, and I realize that isn't a very long time. I also lead a very stressful life and realize that this might also be a contributing factor, but I though I'd ask you smart people if there might be anything in my diet that might cause my hair to fall out, or for that matter something I could add to keep it from doing so?

Since going primal I feel extremely healthy, I've lost 10lbs and just overall feel better, but my skin and hair are still terrible! I have PCOS, so I know that insulin spikes cause acne around the chin (which I have and has gotten better since going primal, surprise, surprise!) but I'm sure there is something else I'm missing, as almost everyone on here claims to have glowing skin and hair!

I'm really healthy to begin with so a change in my diet should be noticeable fairly soon. I think 2 months is a good judge, but maybe I'm wrong.

Any insight is appreciated!
    'Etre fort pour etre utile" - Be strong to be useful

CW weight-132lbs and 19% body fat
    PW weight- 121lbs and 18% body fat
    Goal weight- 115-120 with 12-15% body fat

My Primal journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40299.html

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pktrainer View Post
    So I've only been eating primal for about 2 months, and I realize that isn't a very long time. I also lead a very stressful life and realize that this might also be a contributing factor, but I though I'd ask you smart people if there might be anything in my diet that might cause my hair to fall out, or for that matter something I could add to keep it from doing so?

Since going primal I feel extremely healthy, I've lost 10lbs and just overall feel better, but my skin and hair are still terrible! I have PCOS, so I know that insulin spikes cause acne around the chin (which I have and has gotten better since going primal, surprise, surprise!) but I'm sure there is something else I'm missing, as almost everyone on here claims to have glowing skin and hair!

I'm really healthy to begin with so a change in my diet should be noticeable fairly soon. I think 2 months is a good judge, but maybe I'm wrong.

Any insight is appreciated!
    wut

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i have pcos too, hi

1, the change in diet causes a hormone fluctuation which means you'll shed, but it should start growing back soon
    2, you have a lot of stress, that'll probably cause it to fall out unless you learn to managed the stress feeling
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

hoppimike is offline Member
    Erm.. I think it depends on the type of shedding... is it in any kind of androgenic pattern? As long as it's not in female pattern baldness pattern (which would imply a hormonal (androgenic) imbalance), then perhaps shedding due to the sudden drop in carbohydrates? I've heard that can happen, but I'm only parroting on that one... o.O

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I gave started shedding, a lot, lately. It happens after 5 months of PB, and I also experience more frequent fatigue. I have upped my carbs but still losing lots of hair.

macadamon is offline Junior Member
    I am on Paleo for over a year now. I dropped 10kg in the first 12 weeks. I have my hair falling on the 3rd month. I was seeing more of my scalp under strong downlights/spotlights.
    Started recovering on the 6th months onwards.
    I believe when we make drastic changes to our lifestyle, we cause stress to our body and this is the response to it. Just continue primal and make it fun and enjoyable and you should be OK.

pktrainer is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the great advice, I do hope it goes back to normal soon. Hopefully after a little while it will.
    'Etre fort pour etre utile" - Be strong to be useful

CW weight-132lbs and 19% body fat
    PW weight- 121lbs and 18% body fat
    Goal weight- 115-120 with 12-15% body fat

My Primal journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40299.html

rhee is offline Senior Member
    How varied is your diet? Do you eat organs or supplement? Often hair loss can be associated with low vit A which is found in liver, cod liver oil, or raw spring and summer butter.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhee View Post
    How varied is your diet? Do you eat organs or supplement? Often hair loss can be associated with low vit A which is found in liver, cod liver oil, or raw spring and summer butter.
    Would bone broth help? I started eating liverwurst this week, will keep it going and see if it helps.

rhee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Vit A is found mostly in the fats of grassfed animals and organs. I personally would not use broth for vit a but it is excellent for other minerals. You can supplement with cod liver oil and benifit from the added vit D. If you have a problem eating organs, you can always buy dissected liver extract as well.