Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it the dairy? page 2

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Knifegill and JackieKessler, what kinds of dairy were you consuming beforehand? And did your body find them difficult to digest in the first place, ie lactose intolerance?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    thank you everyone for the advice, it does have to go at least for a month, wish me luck LOL For some reason its harder to give up my coffees than the grains. I have tried it with coconut milk, but its hard to get used to the taste, but it won't hurt to give up the coffee for a while anyway

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    It's been 2 weeks. Don't worry about the numbers so much.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, lactose (especially from pasteurized) does not digest. Even hard cheese seemed to back me up a bit. Kefir works out fine, and a little raw milk here and there also poses no threat. For me. YMMV. But kefir and raw milk are expensive compared to my staple foods, and I don't need them so I don't buy them.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Yes, lactose (especially from pasteurized) does not digest. Even hard cheese seemed to back me up a bit. Kefir works out fine, and a little raw milk here and there also poses no threat. For me. YMMV. But kefir and raw milk are expensive compared to my staple foods, and I don't need them so I don't buy them.
    Understood. I like the taste of cheese and would love to continue to incorporate them since I absolutely love the taste, and that they are a pretty decent source of protein/saturates. Good to know that they are a huge improvement from pasteurized.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    I used to HATE black coffee. Now it is all I drink. Sure, it tastes better with cream but I don't mind the black at all. Do you already use fresh ground coffee? I found that made a huge difference in enjoying it black - use some of the $ you will be saving on cream to buy a good quality whole bean coffee and grind it

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    It's been two weeks. Get off your scale and let your body heal for another month or so before you start deciding you need to make changes.

Hi there, I'm the guy who created Bulletproof Coffee, referred to above. I also created The Bulletproof Diet, an infographic which shows you how to minimize pretty much every toxin from your diet. Most people tolerate grass fed butter well and it's awesome (unsalted) in coffee, but a few people I coach do better on ghee.

My top coaching client lost 75 lbs in 75 days using Bulletproof Coffee. I'm not kidding, and I'm not really in this to make a buck - I'm an executive at a big software company who just got tired of being fat and having a slow brain about 15 years ago. I finally wrote it all down. First book is out soon.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Mark's Daily Apple. I appreciate all the energy here!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks for the link
    Yep ill stop being so impatient and just forget about the scale, thanks everyone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast