Thread: Half A**ing the PB? page

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

I was flipping through Dr. Eades' book "Protein Power" the other day, and he said that saturated fat and cholesterol, even in the form of red meat, eggs and dairy, can be bad for your lipid profile if you're not following a fairly strict low-carb diet... That, while insulin levels are high, it contributes to arterial plaque build-up.

So, is this to say that you can't halfa** the PB? That, really, cholesterol and saturated fat CAN be bad for you, given that they're accompanied with a moderate/high carb diet? I've got my father going half PB, (eats plenty of red meat, nuts, vegetables, some eggs and cheese,) but he still has his occasional bowl of cereal, crackers or pasta once a week. Don't want to be harming the old man here!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Good question, I've wondered this for a while too!

What's the danger zone for carbs? 200 grams +?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Vick is offline Senior Member

I&#39;ve come across that info too. It was one of the first things I read, but I can&#39;t remember where. I think it circles around the imflammation of the arteries issue which the grains will contribute to.

I&#39;ll see if I can find that.

Double-A is offline Junior Member

As per the PB and other recommendations, going above 150g is beginning to put you into the "danger zone"(this would be body-weight influenced, also, I&#39;m sure - 150 is a general recommendation not a hard number).

Pankratos Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think that a very infrequent bowl of cereal or pasta will only be a minor setback in any PB&#39;ers experience. It all comes down to balance, or rather inbalance. As long as the body is burning more fat than the carbs>insulin is making your father should still enjoy the benefits of a primal lifestyle.

But always remind him that no cereal is better than cereal! At least with pasta you can throw in some protein and fat