Thread: Best sitting position? page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Best sitting position?

Primal Fuel
    I've been trying to sit seiza-style on my chair or on the ground as much as possible, but it restricts blood flow to my legs and I have to un-do the position after 20 minutes of sitting. Is there a healthier yoga pose of sitting that can help keep my back straight?

dado Guest
    i heard once, long ago, many years in fact, and from a smart man, that yoga was originally intended to prepare the person for death, and now the stupid, lost westerners have, in their very quirky fashion, totally bastardized it by applying it to the healthy and the far-from-death.

so the short answer is, put some weight on a bar and go ass to grass squats.

Eh, so is there a better way to sit that won't restrict blood flow to my feet?

acneperfect is offline Junior Member
    Here is the images for best sitting position:-

La.C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    i heard once, long ago, many years in fact, and from a smart man, that yoga was originally intended to prepare the person for death, and now the stupid, lost westerners have, in their very quirky fashion, totally bastardized it by applying it to the healthy and the far-from-death.

so the short answer is, put some weight on a bar and go ass to grass squats.

It was also to prepare for meditation and long lengths of sitting. But you are right. squatting with your ass to the grass is the best way to sit and keeps your spine straight and legs happy.

Another thing you can do is prop your ass up on something, a folded blanket, yoga block, anything that gives rise to your hips and sit with legs crossed or out in front of you. It will help align your spine and keep the blood flowing a little better below the hips.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by La.C View Post
    It was also to prepare for meditation and long lengths of sitting. But you are right. squatting with your ass to the grass is the best way to sit and keeps your spine straight and legs happy.

Another thing you can do is prop your ass up on something, a folded blanket, yoga block, anything that gives rise to your hips and sit with legs crossed or out in front of you. It will help align your spine and keep the blood flowing a little better below the hips.
    Oh good suggestion! I will definitely try that. Thanks!