Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Poop Story page

Issabeau is offline Senior Member

My Poop Story

Shop Now
    Alright, so here I am almost 2 years into eating primally.
    I am writing this to give others hope that have the same kind of digestive problems...not to gross anyone out.
    If the subject of poop makes you queezy, you might not want to read this...lol.

My hard stools, cramps, bad PMS and constipation started in my teens, born and raised in Germany, the heavy bread diet was starting to show its ugly face. I was on anti-biotics and prune juice in Germany.
    Moved to the US and symptoms got way worse. By the age of 30 I was so backed up that I sometimes didn't go for 3 weeks!!! I was bloated, like I swallowed a beach ball. Complained to doctors several times a year, but nobody did anything. I became laxative dependent. Milk of Magnesia was my new best friend. I swallowed an entire bottle once a week, starting from age 30 til age 38 (when I found MDA and the book Fiber Menace).
    I kept drinking Milk of Mag. weekly because it was the ONLY way for me to eliminate...and even then it was diarrhea backed up behind hard, clumpy piles of stool. At times it was so HUGE, I think it ripped my flesh and found fresh blood in the toilet.
    I found MDA, burned my giant stack of grains and started eating primally.
    Also found out that sugar sucks bio-organic sodium off the intestinal walls and makes them dry. So sugar was the next thing that went into the garbage. My bowel movements were instantly better once the last bit of grainy crap was out.
    So I bought the supplements from Konstantin Monastyrsky to help me heal my gut. It worked! But, my bowel movements were still slow. 5 days to eliminate a cooked meal with vegetables still seemed too long for me.
    But I wasn't about to go back on laxatives.
    Instead, I let time pass to see if I just needed more time to heal. Nothing changed. I then decided to ditch all fibrous vegetables and finally things were moving faster. Down to 3-4 days now.
    After being primal for about 1.5 years I found out that too much calcium in the diet can cause constipation in some individuals...and go figure, I drank about a Quart of raw goat milk a day.
    I've ditched dairy all together and doing my own 30 day challenge without any dairy (not even butter, now I use lard/tallow) and my bowel movements are now PERFECT. Well, to me anyways, considering I have a history of severe,chronic constipation and hard stools that took up to 3 weeks at times.

My foods now take anything from 30-40 hours tops to be eliminated...I am super happy. And the consistency is perfect, too.
    I am forever thankful for Mark Sisson and K. Monastyrsky to deliver such excellent, free info on diet and health problems, that in return I bought all of the books available from these 2 great men. All of the books are now displayed on the shelf right next to the guest toilet in my house, so that my friends, relatives and visitors that usually spend an hour on the toilet, get a chance to read up.

I believe that if I wouldn't have found MDA I would've eventually gotten colon cancer and possibly lost my colon.

Anyone else have a success story on poop? I'd like to hear about it.

Issabeau

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Great success story! Mine is not quite so elaborate. Just that my constipation and bloating stopped
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    I like "Fiber Menace" as well, with the photo on the cover of a breakfast cereal composed of shiny brass wood screws.

I've paid attention to what he said, but I didn't buy his product. I wondered how well it worked, though.

Thanks for the information.

I also just gave up the last of the dairy, and I think that my arthritis is finally becoming a little less painful.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'm almost done reading Fiber Menace and, though I don't agree with his snarky attitude toward others in the field, his science really seems to make sense.

Yeah, I never realized until a month ago that poop (or lack thereof) could land you in the emergency room. Serious shit (pun intended).
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    On other threads they report that ditching yogurt stopped constipation for some.

Dialit is offline Junior Member
    I have the exact opposite poop story, but still with a happy ending. I had 4+ years of chronic diarrhea that nothing seemed to help. A month of primal living, and it's gone! I now have "normal" poop! Yeah!

mindo is offline Member
    Is poop not suppose to be long, big and hard? I thought that was good poop? I always felt clean and empty after a releasing a big log.

Dialit is offline Junior Member
    It's my understanding that "good" poop is supposed to be solid and formed but semi-soft, kinda like soft-serve ice cream. It's also supposed to be "bendy" like soft serve.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    Is poop not suppose to be long, big and hard? I thought that was good poop? I always felt clean and empty after a releasing a big log.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialit View Post
    It's my understanding that "good" poop is supposed to be solid and formed but semi-soft, kinda like soft-serve ice cream. It's also supposed to be "bendy" like soft serve.
    This ^.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

mindo is offline Member
    eating soft-serve will never be the same again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast