Thread: Could "the change" be happening? page

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member

Could "the change" be happening?

Primal Fuel
    No, I'm not talking menopause (though that's looming in the future).

First thread I've started on these boards and I have to say I'm THRILLED to be here! Down 5 pounds and 1.5 percentage points in body fat in 3 weeks. I'm about 80/20 at this point with my 20 consisting of a few potato chips and light beer (I know, I know -- it's my vice, what can I say).

Anyway, I'm in a typical office environment -- it's like they're cake nazi's for every birthday! All this crap is constantly trucked in. It was a nightmare getting through the first couple of weeks with bowlfuls of Halloween candy sitting here.

Then it happened. A box of fresh Dunkin Donuts in the break room today. I took one look at them and instead of drooling from jealousy, I instantly said "ICK"! Never thought that'd happen in a million years. Would anyone happen to know why? Is it part of the gene reprogramming that I now see that as a poison?

Paleobird Guest
    Welcome to the sane side.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    lol, gene reprogramming? Come on now.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^Do you read anything on these forums? Yes, that's what Mark calls it. I don't necessarily believe it changes your actual DNA, but it sure would affect your future children.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Nobody ever wants their birthday celebrated, either, so what's up with all the stupid parties and cakes?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

activia is offline Senior Member
    I believe its "brain" reprogramming. Which is just as effective as gene reprogramming. It is quite amazing stuff... the same reason why if you give a dog a treat every time they hear a clicker when they hear a clicker they may salivate. You are reprogramming y our brain to look at food in new ways, not by taste but how it makes you feel and what you think of it nutritionally. It's a wonderful thing! It's the reason I tell people its better to stop eating these things then to moderate! It will happen more and more..especially the more you have these things and they actually make you feel sick.

activia is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the office too and at least once a week someone actually comes around with a new homemade baked good..on top of the candy jar, and other "treats" in the kitchen. As well as people throwing candy bars around... they all laugh about it I just put my head down in discust.

Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    I believe its "brain" reprogramming. Which is just as effective as gene reprogramming. It is quite amazing stuff... the same reason why if you give a dog a treat every time they hear a clicker when they hear a clicker they may salivate. You are reprogramming y our brain to look at food in new ways, not by taste but how it makes you feel and what you think of it nutritionally. It's a wonderful thing! It's the reason I tell people its better to stop eating these things then to moderate! It will happen more and more..especially the more you have these things and they actually make you feel sick.
    Awesome! Looking forward to more "brain" reprogramming!

Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    I'm in the office too and at least once a week someone actually comes around with a new homemade baked good..on top of the candy jar, and other "treats" in the kitchen. As well as people throwing candy bars around... they all laugh about it I just put my head down in discust.
    I just started this job 2 months ago--for a company that supports Big Pharma (that's a whole other topic). They're definitely keeping their customers in business with our soda fridge and snack cabinet of crap.