Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Fruit. Evil, evil fruit. page 7

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    So I guess that cavemen who happened to live where there was a large amount of fruit available as a food source were pretty much destined to turn into fat, sugar addicted tubs of lard.
    Are you familiar with the concept of hibernation in mammals? Fruit is seasonal. Mammals in the wild pig out in the bountiful food months, get fat, and can survive a lean seasons (cold / arid) as a result.

chrisay59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    When I first started the Primal Blueprint almost 1 year ago, I refused to give up fruit. I was eating 2-3 bananas, apples, kiwis and a whole melon every day. For the first time in my life, I wasn't eating cookies, chips, and candy bars. I lost a lot of weight and then hit a stall. Re-examining my diet and reading up on fructose led me to limit the fruit I was eating. When I cut most of it out, I lost weight again. Similar stalls were broke by cutting out dairy, potatoes, rice, and artificial sweetners. So, my advice is eat what you want, but if you aren't getting results follow the PB and see what you can tolerate.

I currently eat 1-2 servings of fruit a day, mostly berries but sometimes a banana or pear.
    Exact same thing happened to me, I now only eat fruit, mostly berries and a banana every third day!

chrisay59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    So I guess that cavemen who happened to live where there was a large amount of fruit available as a food source were pretty much destined to turn into fat, sugar addicted tubs of lard.
    My thoughts exactly....!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I ate 5 cakes every Friday for 6 weeks straight. Lost quite a bit of body fat doing that. I miss 1,000g of carbohydrate Fridays. I can't wait to pick them back up next week
    Hold up hold up. You ate 5 cakes in 1 day? Like 5, entire round cakes?
    Billie trips balls

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Fruit Wars.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I feel my body temperature go up whenever my weight is on an upward trajectory, whenever I'm putting on fat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    For you, perhaps, but 30% of the population malabsorbs it in varying degrees. And it totally stops my digestion. The fact that such a large percentage can't make use of fructose (unless it's bound to glucose) would indicate to me that it isn't nearly as important as you make it out to be. Some can handle it just fine, but many have issues with it.
    And have these studies been done with real, whole fruits? Or have they been done with highly refined sugars?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    And have these studies been done with real, whole fruits? Or have they been done with highly refined sugars?
    All of the above. A person with FM can't eat whole fruit that is high in fructose. Interestingly enough, the highly refined sugars, as in sucrose, are easier for people with FM to handle, as the glucose binds to the fructose which then transports it across the lumen. HFCS sweetened drinks are certainly more of an issue, as they contain higher concentrations of fructose, but even whole fruits are an issue to someone with FM, as once it's chewed and liquified in the stomach it's fairly easily wrung out of what hits the small intestine. And it's quite possible to be able to handle larger loads of fructose for a while, without any obvious symptoms, but everyone is limited on some level. Surpass that level long enough and you're giving your gut flora a bounty to multiply from, leading to GI issues.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Fruit Wars.
    Yes. I'd get some popcorn to watch except I don't eat corn. I wonder if beet chips would do.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Hold up hold up. You ate 5 cakes in 1 day? Like 5, entire round cakes?
    Yes.

That's what I would eat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast