Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fruit. Evil, evil fruit. page 6

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darthfriendly View Post
    after reading dildorider's latest trolling i say fuck fruit. To hell with it.
    word

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I minimise my fructose intake because biochemistry is no mystery to me.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    So I guess that cavemen who happened to live where there was a large amount of fruit available as a food source were pretty much destined to turn into fat, sugar addicted tubs of lard.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    So I guess that cavemen who happened to live where there was a large amount of fruit available as a food source were pretty much destined to turn into fat, sugar addicted tubs of lard.
    A subsistence living is a LITTLE different that what we experience in modern times... dontchathink.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    They also would have spend many, many hours outside getting sunshine (reduces inflammation) when it was available and doing a lot more moving around.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    And I'd think that once the cold weather rolled in, the fruit would be scarce.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Or when the fish swam by they'd probably throw the fruit away and grab their nets. I know I would.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I minimise my fructose intake because biochemistry is no mystery to me.
    I've increased my fructose intake a lot over the past two months - probably threefold - and I'm really starting to increase my body temperature. I could feel my thyroid dropping from a lack of fruit and salt, and increasing both substantially has done wonders. No more chills after meals from all the meat and vegetables. It's too bad people avoid fructose. I have every reason to believe fruit sugar is very good for you. Less vegetables, more fruit = stronger thyroid, faster metabolic rate, warmer body temperature, stronger lifts, better digestion. And fruit tastes awesome.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I have every reason to believe fruit sugar is very good for you. Less vegetables, more fruit = stronger thyroid, faster metabolic rate, warmer body temperature, stronger lifts, better digestion. And fruit tastes awesome.
    For you, perhaps, but 30% of the population malabsorbs it in varying degrees. And it totally stops my digestion. The fact that such a large percentage can't make use of fructose (unless it's bound to glucose) would indicate to me that it isn't nearly as important as you make it out to be. Some can handle it just fine, but many have issues with it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast