Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fruit. Evil, evil fruit. page 5

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    See how it goes. I find that eating starches during the carb ups just starts fueling me up for craving the real sweets. Eating fruit doesn't. Last carb up, I ate 2.5 cups (dry-measured) rice, was not hungry, and could not stop binging on sweets. Before starting carb-up I had no desire to eat sweets... So, stay vigilant.
    Duly noted. Thanks!

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    REALLY???

I'll have a sweet potato maybe once a month. I'd been thinking that I'd like to start reincorporating potatoes/sweet potatoes more often. Maybe I'll give this a shot -- especially on work out days. Thanks!
    You don't have to turn it into a calculated "carb up" or refeed though. Just eat a piece of fruit 30-60min before you workout, and have your serving of sweet potato and maybe 1 serving of fruit after your workout.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    See how it goes. I find that eating starches during the carb ups just starts fueling me up for craving the real sweets. Eating fruit doesn't. Last carb up, I ate 2.5 cups (dry-measured) rice, was not hungry, and could not stop binging on sweets. Before starting carb-up I had no desire to eat sweets... So, stay vigilant.
    But Leida, you are doing a program that has you deplete you muscle glycogen and eat really low carb and really low calorie for 4 days a week. Your experience with eating startches in that situation is going to differ from someone who isn't following UD2.0

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    You don't have to turn it into a calculated "carb up" or refeed though. Just eat a piece of fruit 30-60min before you workout, and have your serving of sweet potato and maybe 1 serving of fruit after your workout.
    Thanks for this guideline! I'd been working out on an empty stomach; I'll give this a shot.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Wow that's depressing. What should I do with my honey then?
    Use it sparingly. A little bit brushed over a pork loin or some grilled chicken is great. You can make a great Asian marinade with chili paste, tamari, fish sauce, garlic, ginger and a little honey. It's also good in some buffalo wing sauce to take the edge off. Even a teaspoon in a cup of tea won't kill you. It depends what your goals are. The less fat you want to lose, the less you have to limit honey consumption.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    But Leida, you are doing a program that has you deplete you muscle glycogen and eat really low carb and really low calorie for 4 days a week. Your experience with eating startches in that situation is going to differ from someone who isn't following UD2.0
    +1 im super ravenous on carb days. just for kicks i weighed myself after i totally ate a ton of food over this carbo load i gained a whopping 10 pounds.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    after reading dildorider's latest trolling I say fuck fruit. to hell with it.

I keep my fruit consumption down to 1 to 2 servings a day, and usually a cup of berries or these days, 1 Spartan apple or 1 pear. Sometimes I'll have 1 banana besides, but not every day.

superseiyan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Dr. Kurt Harris at the Archevore site says, "Favor foods that are defenseless when dead." I though that was cute. He is trying to get a philosophy of Paleo 2.0 out there where the evolutionary aspect of why something is or isn't right for us is not the only consideration. Sugar is sugar. It doesn't matter if it comes from a candy bar or a piece of fruit (with fruit being just a tad better due to more fiber and vitamins). But that doesn't negate the sugar.
    Comments like this and in this thread were why i was seeking help on my thread about hunger. We all know to avoid veggie oils, commercial/added sugar, and grains. But apparently dairy and fruit and starches are off limits too! Steaks and salads and bacon for life hehe

But really, is one glass of apple juice the same as one apple? A banana is bad or poisonous for us? Why is a tomato or carrot better for my body than a pear?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Well, it would take way more than one apple to make a glass of apple juice. Yesterday I made a smoothie with 5 strawberries, a banana and a half a cup of coconut water and it gave me about 10 oz of smoothie.

Dairy, fruit and starches aren't off limits by the way. And who on earth says bananas are poisonous? Who are you quoting? Someone in this thread? (which by the way is a year old.)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast