Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fruit. Evil, evil fruit. page 2

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    nothing wrong with fruit shoot i just baked a lowfat coffee cake made with a blueberry jam with 2 cups of berries, stevia and some tapioca flour and added it to the middle of 2 layers of cake
    Is your before picture on the right or left? 2 layers of cake?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Is your before picture on the right or left? 2 layers of cake?
    I ate 5 cakes every Friday for 6 weeks straight. Lost quite a bit of body fat doing that. I miss 1,000g of carbohydrate Fridays. I can't wait to pick them back up next week
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I've been slowly making adjustments.

First, I cut all grains, period.

Next, I cut way back on processed foods.

Almost 3 weeks ago, I cut dairy.

Now it looks like I'll be cutting fruit next.

Once I have things under control, maybe I can find a happy place of a serving of berries or an apple daily. But it sure is looking like I should put fruit in the "indulgence" category, along with dark chocolate and red wine.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I am 'cold turkey' with fruit because I find that it's a 'trigger food' for me--anything sweet will do that.

I find, however, that I can sometimes manage it if it's in a restaurant setting--i.e. self-limiting. But I don't buy fruit to have at home--ever.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Jackie have you cut your omega 6 consumption as well -- see choco you got me on the ball lol

Are you making your own salad dressing? Check out these if not: Homemade Dressing Mix Variety Pack (French Garden, Napa Garden & Italian Garden), 3.3 to 4-Ounce Containers: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    What about mayo?

What about lean conventional meat, or have you gone grass fed?

Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Jackie have you cut your omega 6 consumption as well -- see choco you got me on the ball lol

Are you making your own salad dressing? Check out these if not: Homemade Dressing Mix Variety Pack (French Garden, Napa Garden & Italian Garden), 3.3 to 4-Ounce Containers: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

What about mayo?

What about lean conventional meat, or have you gone grass fed?
    I've been more mindful of omega 6, but other than replacing my almonds with macadamias and hazelnuts, I haven't been doing too much. Ack! Advice?

I don't use salad dressing, and I cut mayo 3 weeks ago when I cut dairy.

As for meat, I try to do grass-fed beef (just had strip steak last night, yum!). But the chicken is all God-knows what (discovered this morning that my eggs are from hens feed corn and SOY, f***!), and ditto the turkey.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I am 'cold turkey' with fruit because I find that it's a 'trigger food' for me--anything sweet will do that.

I find, however, that I can sometimes manage it if it's in a restaurant setting--i.e. self-limiting. But I don't buy fruit to have at home--ever.
    My family, unfortunately, isn't primal. So we have not only plenty of fruit, but also bread, pasta, cereal, cookies...you name it. The only thing that I'm bad about is the fruit. I can easily not eat the other stuff. Evil fruit! (I just had a pear. Sigh.)

read: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread41842.html

Choco did a nice write up. It sounds like you hit the big ones cutting out Soybean/canola PUFA oils in general is key! Have you found a local farm CSA for your meat yet? Its a much cheaper way to get grass fed. You could get conventional just trim the fat and get the fat from your local farm semi-monthly to cook with, or use coconut oil.

Eggs shop around, All chickens are fed some sort of corn feed.. but some are actually mainly outdoors all day so they eat a lot more natural stuff... look for PASTURE raised. Whole foods has one..but local farms is best.

Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    read: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread41842.html

Choco did a nice write up. It sounds like you hit the big ones cutting out Soybean/canola PUFA oils in general is key! Have you found a local farm CSA for your meat yet? Its a much cheaper way to get grass fed. You could get conventional just trim the fat and get the fat from your local farm semi-monthly to cook with, or use coconut oil.

Eggs shop around, All chickens are fed some sort of corn feed.. but some are actually mainly outdoors all day so they eat a lot more natural stuff... look for PASTURE raised. Whole foods has one..but local farms is best.
    Thanks for the link -- will read!

I actually found one brand of eggs that is in exactly one supermarket about 20 minutes away. Organic, pasture-raised chickens free to roam and eat all the grass they want and bugs they can catch. Couldn't get to that super this week, so am making do with the craptastic soy-feed eggs.

As for a local farm, I still have to do this. I do cook exclusively with coconut oil (small exception of olive oil when my FIL is here; he still can't wrap his arms around the notion of coconut oil being healthy).

Do you think this is related to my crazy fruit cravings?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think your fruit cravings are because sugar is addictive

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast