Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do YOU exercise? page

jpickett1968 Guest

Primal Fuel

Mark preaches 80% of your health is your nutrition. I agree. But as I incorporate exercise into my Primal lifestyle, I have cut back my exercise minutes and was curious what amount of time YOU spend exercising each week?

Doing P90X put me around 50 minutes a day or 300 minutes a week. Now I'm closer to 200 minutes a week. I realize time truly means nothing compared to intensity, but curiousity consumes this cat, so please let me know what you average. I appreciate the help in advance.

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

I'm doing yet another round of P90X but just switched to a modified mass routine which is here http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90...ICLE1#article1

Not much less but a little cardio. I'm also going for 6-8 reps instead of the 8-12.

Tarlach is offline Member

Strength training every 3 days for about 50 mins total.

So about 120 mins a week (even though most of that time is spent standing around).

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I do stronglifts 5x5. Three days a week, about 1 hour each session.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

My "exercise" and my "activity/work/transportation" and my "fun" tend to blur together. Today, f&#39;r instance. I was at the Y for an hour and twenty minutes. We started with a mini 20 minute bootcamp (mainly sprints, pushups and bear crawls) for warm-up, then we went straight into contact basketball for a full hour. I was hot and sweaty the whole hour, but there&#39;s no way I was going to quit my fun early because I had already exercised "too much!"

Then I walked a bunch of errands today. About two hours of walking and carrying groceries and stuff.

That&#39;s pretty typical. I go to the Y six days a week, and I also walk alot every day. I&#39;m also a yard/lunch monitor at a school M-F, an hour and a half, five days a week.

So, all total, I&#39;m active about four hours a day, and I attempt to force myself to be a couch potato with a book one day a week. About 20-24 hours a week.

I usually spend:

BJJ/MMA: 4 Hours

Yoga/Cardio (Law #3): 2 Hours

Lifting: 2.5 Hours

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Weightlifting via Jim Wendler&#39;s 5/3/1 plan: 4 days/week, 1 hour/session.

Cardio: 5 days/week @ 120 BPM for ~45 minutes.

I want to begin more paleo-like cardio training (sprinting, plyo&#39;s, etc.) but not until I drop some more weight.

I plan to continue lifting weights like normal because my goal isn&#39;t the long, lean look - I like being big.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Everyday: sun salutations (20 min) pushups, chin ups

Monday: 90 min hatha yoga class

Tuesday: 60 min turbo jam

Wednesday: 30 min weight training

Thursday: 60 min vinyasa yoga class

Friday: 30 min weight training

Saturday: outdoor fun (for example today we went ice fishing which involved hiking through deep snow with a 16 month old strapped to my back, chasing babies on ice for 2 hours and hiking back to the car.)

Sunday: Weight training

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

egmutza Guest

Body By Science Big 5 workout - 20 minutes, once a week. Plus a couple 20-30 minute walks each week.

Vick is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Body by Science big 3... 6 minutes max.

Wed. and Friday 4 x 30 seconds sprints on stationary bike.

10 minutes a week total.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast