Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: steroids and prohormones page 3

bro0kiebaby is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I was a little boy I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up- a woman.

Yeah, yea.. steroids.. I'm gettin to that. As I got a little older I realized my prayers weren't being answered and I would have to live with what I was and so I worked real real hard at being a guy. I started into sports and adopted an attitude half cool and half jerk, and I made sure to hide behind it and plenty of cuss words. When I was a junior in high school I started taking steroids, well the summer between junior and senior year. Cycled on and off them until I graduated. Now this was many years ago 22 years or so as I figure sitting here (1988-89) and what I can recall of the experienece was that they made me stronger and heavier and meaner, quicker to snap as it were.

I was taking.. methyl-testosterone and anadrol and I several more that had german labels, but I didn't care. I must have ganed 20 or more pounds. I felt like I was indestructable. I was bloated and pimply, but I didn't see myself as that while I was in the thick of it. All I saw was the attainment of a goal. There was no amount of weight I couldn't press, it literally felt as if there was no top end to where I was going. The thing is though.. all the while, I knew it wasn't me doing it. For me there was more, since in the back of my mind "It" never went away- the wanting to be a woman- and I knew if I kept it up I would never fit into a dress. It was an interesting experience, but when it was done and the water bloating went away, and the muscles shrunk, and the strength faded, I was left drain. Drained financially of course, but worse.. drained spiritually (not in the soul/spirit sense more of the 'drive to keep going' way), and drained physically- it took a toll on me in a whole lot of ways.

I had to go through it, and a whole lot more after that.. but that was my life course, my road to travel, and if you're asking if it's going to get you where you're going .. I guess it all depends on your destination. The thing is though once you have achieved what you hope with it, what then? You know ultimately that it wasn't you that got you there, and that you will eventually have to stop with whichever substance you take, and the goals you have achieved will fall away. I suppose if there is no other way, and you want that goal bad enough and are willing to stay on a chemical for the rest of your life and can deal with whatever side effects come your way, then by all means proceed. I've been taking estrogen for 13 years now.. I'm gonna be 39 in about a week. It works for me... figure out what works for you and be safe if you can.

Good luck and GOD bless.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I tried several Pro hormones from VPX the most powerful probably the 1-Test they don't even sell anymore due to FDA regulations. I was working 2 jobs 50+ hours a week and going to school full time. I wanted something that would help me feel young and full of energy..... even though I was only 28 at the time.

1. The initial response was high and I felt great, full of energy
    2. The effects seemed to dissipate fairly quickly
    3. After the recommended 6 week cycle I took the recommended Post cycle product
    4. Even with the Post cycle therapy I felt worse than before the cycle
    5. I started and never completed a second cycle 2 weeks in I didn't feel as if it was working like it did the first time
    6. It took about 9 months before I felt normal again

I wouldn't recommend any of the Pro hormones available today. FDA regulations took most of the better ones off the market, and the producers are stretching the limits with what they sell today. There isn't any real science behind most of the products. If I was to do something it would be a real steroid, not that they are safe, but at least they are better researched. Dan Duchaine once said something to the effect of, "modern pharmacology could create a perfect steroid with no side effects, but there is no money in steroid research". I believe he is right that is why we only have steroids that were first created in the 50's....unless your interested in growing a bigger cow....

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I tried several Pro hormones from VPX the most powerful probably the 1-Test they don't even sell anymore due to FDA regulations. I was working 2 jobs 50+ hours a week and going to school full time. I wanted something that would help me feel young and full of energy..... even though I was only 28 at the time.

1. The initial response was high and I felt great, full of energy
    2. The effects seemed to dissipate fairly quickly
    3. After the recommended 6 week cycle I took the recommended Post cycle product
    4. Even with the Post cycle therapy I felt worse than before the cycle
    5. I started and never completed a second cycle 2 weeks in I didn't feel as if it was working like it did the first time
    6. It took about 9 months before I felt normal again

I wouldn't recommend any of the Pro hormones available today. FDA regulations took most of the better ones off the market, and the producers are stretching the limits with what they sell today. There isn't any real science behind most of the products. If I was to do something it would be a real steroid, not that they are safe, but at least they are better researched. Dan Duchaine once said something to the effect of, "modern pharmacology could create a perfect steroid with no side effects, but there is no money in steroid research". I believe he is right that is why we only have steroids that were first created in the 50's....unless your interested in growing a bigger cow....
    What did you take for PCT? 1-Test was powerful from what I remember, and most people recommended an SERM post-cycle for powerful PHs. Most companies usually recommended OTC PCT methods, but in reality the best way was to use an SERM. Legally they could not recommend an SERM. Also, energy-wise, pro-hormones weren't taken to increase energy levels. One of the known side-effects was lethargy. Superdrol tended to cause extreme lethargy. In 2008, I ran Bold (1,4-Ad) and H-drol for 8 weeks. No problems, no lethargy, excellent gains in both strength & size and used OTC PCT due to not being able to get my hands on an SERM (or at least from a source I was comfortable with). I took EXTREME precautions, pre-loaded cycle support, ran cycle support throughout and was fortunate enough to have everything go smoothly.

I agree with you about quality control. I hate PHs were banned but I saw it coming eventually due to poor quality, complaints from stupid people (teenagers) and the fact that they openly circumvent the law (steroids that are not technically steroids). I personally think that Anabolic Steroids should be legal for those 21+ (like alcohol). In order to get them, one must have a consultation with a doctor who is registered to objectively consult individuals who wish to take them.

I wish more money would be put into steroid research for humans, but it won't. At 18 I can start killing my lungs with tobacco and infecting those around me, at 21 I can start killing myself with alcohol while endangering the lives of others around me depending on what I am doing but I can't legally take a drug that allows me to be bigger and stronger and POSSIBLY endangers only me. hmmm
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Oh the research is out there, and I guarantee you plenty of it is done by the gov.

But why would they want to legalize HGH (for say injury healing, which it does) when the rehabilitation industry brings in tons of cash, and you can go to a doctor to get it prescribed (for other reasons besides injury).

Steroids and HGH aren't on the market partly due to the radical misuse of them by ignorant individuals and partly because they would cut into profits.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    When steriods are mentioned you'll typically get the same response that they are evil and bad. They can be harmful and can have severe side effects, but taken properly you should have no problems. I dabbled a very, very, very short time with anabolics (didn't even finish the first cycle) but never had any issues. I have family members who don't compete but take steriods. They take them responsibly and never overdo them. They have had no issues with pimples, anger or anything else. They are very even keeled and laid back. When they take roids they don't drink any alcohol and live extremely cleanly.

I stopped b/c of a deployment for the Army. I've thought about trying them again but haven't. I injured my back in Iraq and would love to try and use them in order to help heal my issues but I haven't yet. I thought about a presciption for HGH to help but again I want to try to focus on nutrition before adding more supplementation to regimen.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Your nads don't shrink. They are drawn upwards making it look like they've gotten smaller but they haven't.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Kev
    @Fury22,

Honestly I don't remember exactly what I took for PCT it was whatever product VPX recommended and I doubt it had much in it that could actually do something.

Pro Hormones weren't taken for energy, but I self diagnosed myself with low Test. Symptoms, no energy, no sex drive, muscles turning to jello. The reality is I was chronically sleep deprived at the time, I worked from 7pm-3am slept 2-3 hours got up at 7am for school, school from 8:00am till 1:00pm went to my second job 2pm-4pm went home slept 2 hours and back to work..... Sunday night - Friday morning this was my life for 18 months

After the Ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin stack stopped working someone at my gym recommended 1-Test combined with "ParaDeca" from VPX to increase test and energy levels. It worked for about a month I felt on top of the world, then the effects on energy lessened. I was only lifting once a week due to my schedule and the Mike Mentzer Heavy Duty style fit my schedule. I did see some strength gains and gained weight because I was always hungry. After 4 weeks on the PCT, wish i could remember the name, funny i remember the other two, the second cycle didn't seem to have an immediate effect and i was low on cash so I stopped when the bottle ran out.

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EGYnutrition View Post
    Oh the research is out there, and I guarantee you plenty of it is done by the gov.

But why would they want to legalize HGH (for say injury healing, which it does) when the rehabilitation industry brings in tons of cash, and you can go to a doctor to get it prescribed (for other reasons besides injury).

Steroids and HGH aren't on the market partly due to the radical misuse of them by ignorant individuals and partly because they would cut into profits.
    I agree with the second reason as to why they are not legal for public use, but in truth it has nothing to do with people misusing them. People misuse alcohol all the time and die or end up killing other people, and I don't see a large movement for prohibition. It's all about money, not public safety. I have yet to hear or see one reason as to why they should not be legal or public use.

And yes, I also agree with you on the fact that the research is out there and for all the bad publicity, a lot of it debunks most of the overhyped anti-steroid BS that still gets put out by politicians and activists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    @Fury22,

Honestly I don't remember exactly what I took for PCT it was whatever product VPX recommended and I doubt it had much in it that could actually do something.

Pro Hormones weren't taken for energy, but I self diagnosed myself with low Test. Symptoms, no energy, no sex drive, muscles turning to jello. The reality is I was chronically sleep deprived at the time, I worked from 7pm-3am slept 2-3 hours got up at 7am for school, school from 8:00am till 1:00pm went to my second job 2pm-4pm went home slept 2 hours and back to work..... Sunday night - Friday morning this was my life for 18 months

After the Ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin stack stopped working someone at my gym recommended 1-Test combined with "ParaDeca" from VPX to increase test and energy levels. It worked for about a month I felt on top of the world, then the effects on energy lessened. I was only lifting once a week due to my schedule and the Mike Mentzer Heavy Duty style fit my schedule. I did see some strength gains and gained weight because I was always hungry. After 4 weeks on the PCT, wish i could remember the name, funny i remember the other two, the second cycle didn't seem to have an immediate effect and i was low on cash so I stopped when the bottle ran out.
    Gotcha. Your schedule is probably what ran you and your cycle into the ground. And if the Vpx PCT product was the only thing you were taking I doubt it helped much. How long did you take between cycles? Or did you do your cycle then PCT then straight into another cycle? If you did the latter, that was probably a contribution to the problems.
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Kev
    I was young and dumb and just trying to make it through school, i cycled, PCT'd and went straight back into a cycle hoping to gain the energy i had the first 4 weeks.

Funny thing is, looking back I bet a Primal diet would have done more for me that all the Pro hormones, Protein powders, ECA, and GH stimulators i tried back then.

zack726 is offline Junior Member
    I know you ask for personal experience, which I have none of. I have, however, known many short-and long term users (some people would do a single cycle of Test-E and quit, some would do crazy cycles involving a bunch of gear). I myself considered a short, moderate cycle after a lengthy plateau from moderate gains, but decided that they were not for me after exhaustive research.

However, I would highly recommend perusing the forums at tmuscle.com. If you want personal info, that is where to go. And yes, it has bias, but it comes from experience. Most people, like the kind of person that says "I know they are bad and I don't care what the research says", are happy enough maintaining the status quo that steroids are flat out bad, cause your hair to fall out, balls to drop off, and make you so hungry and angry you eat your first born child. There is truth to the fact that the can be harmful - as with everything, they have side effects. However, with knowledge and moderation these side effects can be controlled (not my experience but that of close friends and lifting partners). Also, most negative statistics come from steroid abuse, not intelligent use. Extreme example, don't anyone take this out of context, but there are people (particularly older men) who regularly use steroids for testosterone therapy with few side effects. Again, that's an extreme example not meant to promote steroid use, but instead to demonstrate that in moderation and with knowledge they can be controlled.

Just to summarize to prevent being misunderstood and subsequently flamed, steroids do have side effects which can be extremely bad, even lethal, and cut years off your life. But with knowledge they can be controlled in a situation where the benefits may outweight the losses. And other than extensive research of the subject and training with admitted users, I have not myself used any performance enhancing pharmaceuticals - I know you asked for personal experience but I thought that these few points might help.

And I think it goes without saying that considering any of these pre- mid to late 20's and pre-a longggg plateau in which you attempt every kind of (natural) diet/training manipulations is stupid and reckless.

Also check out Bigger Stronger Faster. Great movie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast