Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP Carb Refeed Food Ideas page 2

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    sweet JESUS i never knew spring roll wrappers had so many carbs!!!

ive been looking for an easy to digest carb because my body didnt like sweet potatoes ... i am plateauing and trying to carb up to get over it .. ive been on 30-35g of carbs a day and at 237lbs im sure thats not enough, even if i feel GREAT! i need to lose more weight!
    ya i didnt realize either til i bought the package, i was lke really holy crap. great for refeeds tho.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet Recipe – Cassoulet with Chicken and Sausage - I make this without bacon, wine and tomatoes (and I totally skip the breadcrumbs, of course). Unlike the recipe, I like my carrots finely grated because they thicken the stew. I suggest that you use skinless chicken legs only because breasts are a bit too dry. My actual recipe is much simpler than on the website. I brown the onions, cube and brown the meat, grate the carrots (and parsley root when I have it) and put everything plus seasonings (less is more) in the crockpot. You don't even need chicken stock if you cook this in the crockpot. After two hours on high, I add the sausage (not a very bland variety if possible) and canned white beans (including the starchy liquid - another thickener; canned beans are one of the few processed foods I buy because I really like the taste) for another hour. It is excellent with rice.

vdn
    vdn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    easy and simple
    Spring rollls:
    the beauty of rolls u can add whatever u like and its quick and easy. 8 paper rolls will net u about 80ish-g of carbs just by themselves
    You win major creativity points for this. I'm asian and admittedly have never thought of using spring rolls for refeeds, mostly because I've never been much of a fan of asian food.
    Congrats on your progress thus far, and keep the awesome refeed ideas coming!

Or try soups. Pumpkin soup - you basically just blend roasted pumpkin in beef or chicken stock. Or you can make potato soup (potatoes and root vegetables with homemade stock; you can blend some of it to thicken the rest).

Hummus is a good idea as well. And pumpkin risotto!
    Last edited by Farfalla; 11-12-2011 at 10:16 AM.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys! The stews sound like an awesome idea, and the pumpkin recipes. Beans are out, hate beans and dont believe in eating them anyways. What were those muffins made out of Choco? I did notice you posted a lot of fruit, I thought fbruit wasn't the best idea? Ha well I've been using fruit anyways some berries in my protein shake and a banana pre-workout. I got up to 140g of carbs Friday which is the best I've done yet. However the brown rice is not agreeing with me.. I am going to try white, I just happened to still have some brown rice left.

I got wicked bloated, campy, and gassy I dont understand I had tons of rice when I was in Hawaii..maybe because it was only 1cup or so at a time and I didnt have any carbs most the rest of the day? Or maybe it was the way it was prepared? Maybe uncle bens 10 min rice isnt hte best choice?

farfalla good ideas but the purpose of refeed is no to low fat. chicken thighs are out and hummus unless u make it ur self, most have oil or tahini.

i think chocos muffins were made of zucchini. also the fruit thing i would go heavy starches like banana and such. for me according to the book i cant go past 100g of fructose or 50g of sucrose. with the berries i only use a few. i keep the heavier sugar fruits like oranges out.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds

if ur ok with masa harina, i just made atole which is a mexican hot drink.

1/4 cup of masa harina
    2.5 cups of water or 1 cup of skim milk and rest water
    dash of cinnamon
    1 tsp of vanilla
    stevia to taste

in a bowl blend all ingredients really well.
    put it in a sauce pan.
    bring to a boil, u need to continually stir it so it wont clump on u, reduce heat to med/high.
    keep stirring for like 15min, til it coats the spoon and reduces to 1.5cups (note u need to stir it in the same direction or it will clump).

since i wanted to fat free and wanted a coconut flavor i used coconut water instead of the milk.

roughly 35g carbs with the coco water.
    beauty of this drink is u can add any kind of flavoring to it and it blends well.
    instead of the cinnamon throw in some cocoa powder
    or mash up a banana/strawberries and throw in the bowl before boiling.
    have fun with it..

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Chochobo View Post
    farfalla good ideas but the purpose of refeed is no to low fat. chicken thighs are out
    Really? I thought thighs are not so fatty when you remove the skin and trim all visible fat. But then, I don't really know the rules for carb refeed and how much fat is too much
    and hummus unless u make it ur self, most have oil or tahini.
    Sure, I assumed she would make it from scratch.
    Beans are out, hate beans and dont believe in eating them anyways.
    So maybe chickpeas unless you hate them too?

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beefeater View Post
    Sounds like someone is anabolic dieting. (I am too).

So my carb up strategies usually includes pumpkin pie( ditch the cream cheese), sweet potato "fries", chestnut baked puree...
    Recipe for the pumpkin pie please?

PrimalCon New York
    ya roughly 6oz of chicken thighs will give u about 15g of fat with no skin. if im gonna eat 15g of fat rather just eat a salmon steak.

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12