Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This whole grams thing bugs me page

sbhikes is online now Senior Member

This whole grams thing bugs me

Primal Fuel
    Give it to me in pounds. How many pounds of steak does someone need each day? Grams are totally non-visual. Meat isn't sold in grams. It's sold by the pound. If I buy a pound I can cut it in half, thirds or fourths. That makes sense to me. Not grams.

activia is offline Senior Member

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    braindead hillbilly country T_T

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    But the whole grams thing is always confused by precision (i.e. water content, cooking, fat content). It's more a lab value than a food quantity. I just want to know how much meat in pounds. Half a pound of hamburger, fry it up, am I good to go or severely deficient?

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I live in a country where the metric system is the norm. I couldn't pick out 4 grams of meat out of a line-up. 1/2 pound, no problem.

SleepyRoots is offline Member
    *snark warning*

That depends entirely on the water and fat content.
    Plus the remainder of your daily, weekly and monthly average food intake.
    If you want an approximation of grams of macronutrients, plug them into one of the many diet trackers on the web. They'll take any common unit and spit out the protein, fat, carb and calorie content back out at you.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    But the whole grams thing is always confused by precision (i.e. water content, cooking, fat content). It's more a lab value than a food quantity. I just want to know how much meat in pounds. Half a pound of hamburger, fry it up, am I good to go or severely deficient?
    I have about 500 grams of meat per day.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    1 pound is roughly 450 grams. Therefore 110 grams is roughly a 1/4 pound of meat. Now if the US would only get on board with metric instead of stubbornly clinging to an irrelevant measuring system the world would be simpler.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    In my country we weigh everything in Snarks. 1/2 snark, 1/4 snark, etc. - I therefore expect everyone to express all measurements in my unit, even if it is only used in my country and no one else in the world knows it. If I eat a 2-snark steak, is that enough protein? Tell me now! Don't make me use google or math either!
    By the way my age is 28 bonkers, weight is 95 1/2 snarks, height is 4 cubits and three spans of the hand.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

stephlowen is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    In my country we weigh everything in Snarks. 1/2 snark, 1/4 snark, etc. - I therefore expect everyone to express all measurements in my unit, even if it is only used in my country and no one else in the world knows it. If I eat a 2-snark steak, is that enough protein? Tell me now! Don't make me use google or math either!
    By the way my age is 28 bonkers, weight is 95 1/2 snarks, height is 4 cubits and three spans of the hand.
    Ha ha ha!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast