mcsnick is offline Member

What is up with this Omega 6 article?

Primal Fuel
    Female
    31 yrs old
    5' 1"
    started: 113.5
    current: 109.7
    goal: my only goal right now is to get pregnant... 14 cycles and counting.
    exercise: Body by Science - loving it.

Grizz is offline Banned
    mcsnick,

The American Heart Association (AHA) has come to the defense of omega-6 fatty acids, the fats found in many grains and most vegetable oils that some have linked to heart disease.
    The ENEMY has spoken. This is just like the American Diabetes Association [ADA] telling diabetics to eat the "Food Pyramid" with High Carbs & Low Fat. NOTHING is worse for a diabetic! They represent the money greedy industries, Food Industry, Doctors, Big Pharma, Hospitals to MAXIMIZE PROFITS, keep those waiting rooms & hospital beds filled.

It is all about MONEY, Honey ! Keep us sickly and buying the most profitable foods, and American Heath be DAMNED.
    Grizz

dado Guest
    Oh yea, go grizz!

mcsnick is offline Member
    It makes me furious!!! But I just don't get it. Are they making up blatant lies about the studies? Twisting data to fit their needs?
    Female
    31 yrs old
    5' 1"
    started: 113.5
    current: 109.7
    goal: my only goal right now is to get pregnant... 14 cycles and counting.
    exercise: Body by Science - loving it.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsnick View Post
    It makes me furious!!! But I just don't get it. Are they making up blatant lies about the studies? Twisting data to fit their needs?
    Ya, once you get caught up in some ugly lies, you must feed this circle, and then you believe it, and you truly believe you are not lying.

but it does not make me furious, i do not see the purpose of becoming angry.

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    No, they're studying the wrong thing by assuming cholesterol is the problem rather than a sign/symptom.

All vegetables and veggie-based products contain chemicals called phytosterols, which block the intestine from absorbing cholesterol -- thereby reducing LDL cholesterol in your blood, cutting heart disease risk.
    Vegetable oils reduce LDL. Problem solved. (Unless lower HDL, higher triglycerides and inflammation are the real culprits, then you've made things much, much worse)
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Yes. This is what the food industry does.

Confessions of a former Big Food executive | Grist

The fact is, most "studies" are not designed to find the truth, but rather point the data in a direction of a desired outcome. The studies are funded by the food industry, they're skewed to get the results they want to circumvent government nutritional guidelines, then the food industry takes their profits and their lobbyists funnel the money into political campaigns so their bought-and-paid-for politicians pass policy to promote their product. Food subsidies, anyone? The healthcare industry gets a kickback as well since they profit from millions getting sick off seed oils, so it's in the best interest of these unethical "associations" to promote foods that damage our health. It's the greatest conspiracy known to man, and it's ignored by most.

No one wants you to be sicker than the government, the healthcare industry, the pharmaceutical industry and the food industry.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

otzi Guest
    I work in a hospital and eat in the cafeteria every day for lunch. The only thing not breaded and fried is the salad bar. I had been getting a big-ass salad every day using only olive oil and vinegar for dressing. One day I commented to the worker he was getting low on olive oil. He says with a snirk, that ain't olive oil--that's canola oil--it's better for ya.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    This is why I always taste the oil before I use it. A lot of places serve green colored soy or canola oil. Olive oil should burn. If it doesn't burn, don't use it. I've resorted to red wine vinegar only salads many times at restaurants. It's a shame people are that ignorant, otzi. It's just sad.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I work in a hospital and eat in the cafeteria every day for lunch. The only thing not breaded and fried is the salad bar. I had been getting a big-ass salad every day using only olive oil and vinegar for dressing. One day I commented to the worker he was getting low on olive oil. He says with a snirk, that ain't olive oil--that's canola oil--it's better for ya.
    uh oh, time to bring your own lunch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast