Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit tired of Durianrider lying about the paleo/primal diet... page 3

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppimike View Post
    I just don't like to kill stuff really, that's all. I perceive it as if I can go through my life killing fewer things, then that has to be a good thing!

Also, a number of things about our digestive tract are suspicious. It's quite long for a carnivore (compare it to a cheetah's or probably any other carnivore - there's are much shorter). This makes me suspicious that perhaps we have not sufficiently evolved from frugivores to consume high meat diets. Also... I find that after a purely veggie diet, my body... well, believe this or not you end up smelling better haha

Using the toilet is a way nicer experience than on the SAD diet for one thing!! lol but then I suppose that can be said for any healthier diet.

Erm... I think that's about it.. but yeah, I may be a little on the fence, but I'm certainly not anti-paleo or anti-vegan

I'm just against people who lie and try to cover up the truth like Harley is doing, as it's sad to see...
    LOL. You are a very sneaky little troll, with your poor logic and vegan propaganda hiding under its conciliatorily agnostic outer shell.

But unfortunately, you are still a troll.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    All I'm going to say is I'm really glad the guy in that video isn't on our side. I'm convinced anyone swayed by his arguments or presentation can't be too bright.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    One cow feeds me and my brothers family for months. I don't see that as all that deadly a diet myself.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Dig62 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    You are a very sneaky little troll, with your poor logic and vegan propaganda hiding under its conciliatorily agnostic outer shell.
    But the OP's true motive was so cleverly disguised... how in the world did you guys ever figure it out?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    No one here cares about this guy. Also you are obviously a troll trying to stir up the same old garbage. Close the thread.
    You still took the bait later
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Omg, this video is funny as heck...I rofl'd.
    I've been primal for almost 2 years and have never seen it. He just throws a disgusting image in and claims they eat paleo...I don't even have a word for it.

hoppimike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    LOL. You are a very sneaky little troll, with your poor logic and vegan propaganda hiding under its conciliatorily agnostic outer shell.

But unfortunately, you are still a troll.
    Here's the issue I have

When I am chatting with vegans on Skype (or wherever, but often we chat on Skype), I get attacked for being quite pro-paleo and open to people eating meat, fascinated by that era of our development and generally open to paleo viewpoints and teachings.

HOWEVER... when I chat to paleos, the opposite happens haha

Truth is, I'm just in the middle. I was walking along today listening to a Robb Wolf podcast, and then I might get home and pop on 30 Bananas a Day. I'm just in the middle, because when all is said and done, if the interest here is HEALTH, then the two diets have a lot in common. They both exclude grains, legumes and dairy, they both advocate a good amount of exercise and allowing the body to heal and detox from the stresses and toxins of modern day society, etc etc. The vegans who tend to be more confrontational are the ones that got into this purely due to ethics, not due to health such as myself.

Aaaaanywho... on the carnivore/omnivore/frugivore thing...

I believe it's as commonly known and believed as it is that we ate meat during the paleolithic that BEFORE we started evolving in a "human" direction, we resembled chimps to some considerable degree. And chimps are frugivores. That's basically the heart of this argument lol

Our digestive tracts also look a hell of a lot like chimps, except without the hindgut fermentation which was probably pushed to one side a bit when we learned to cook and possibly also due to increased meat consumption.

The point I was making though (and I'm not saying it makes or breaks high meat diets, merely that I am interested in discussing it) is that it's odd that for an animal eating high meat and intending to thrive on it, we have digestive tracts that far more closely resemble that of a frugivore than that of a carnivore. That's all I'm saying

Grok is offline Senior Member
    While chimps are mostly herbivorous, they do eat honey, soil, insects, birds and their eggs and small to medium-sized mammals, including other primates.[22][15]

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppimike View Post

I believe it's as commonly known and believed as it is that we ate meat during the paleolithic that BEFORE we started evolving in a "human" direction, we resembled chimps to some considerable degree. And chimps are frugivores. That's basically the heart of this argument lol

Our digestive tracts also look a hell of a lot like chimps, except without the hindgut fermentation which was probably pushed to one side a bit when we learned to cook and possibly also due to increased meat consumption.
    This is so stupid. Point 1, meat and a higher fat consumption is what allowed us to evolve into the humans we are today. Our big brains take a lot of fat and calories to run. Point 2, educate yourself. That whole intestinal length myth has been debunked a million times, yet veg*ns love to parade it out. Our guts resemble a cross between meat eater and carnivores, thus, we're omnivores. Next you'll be telling us about how Elvis had five pounds of rotting meat in his guts when he died . . .

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    You still took the bait later
    I'm bored :/
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast