Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit tired of Durianrider lying about the paleo/primal diet... page 2

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Hello again Harley, a.k.a. Banana Boy, a.k.a hoppimike.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Nah, he's way easier to understand than Dave Hughes, funnier too.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

iFreedom is offline Junior Member
    great vid! I did a season of triathlon and running races and yep the norm is higher carb than strict paleo. But the ratio is not a whole lot different than the Zone but with added carbs (high GL) around training. Hitting the wall or bonking is very real, but I've never had it happen in less than a 90 min workout adn usually going at like zone 3 not 1 or 2.

I have the Paleo for Athletes book adn it's clear in there you need carbs to perform.

I do think it's funny that Cordain doesn't practice what he preaches...and when his death hit's (and he's bloated like now) it will be akin to Atkin's death (in the eye's of the media) I figure.

But the vid shows a fatty with bacon and eggs and calls them paleo hahaha - nope that person has an eating disorder/addiction

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppimike View Post
    lol seriously?? You get people from there sneaking in to cause trouble?

I'm not like that

Even though I have my little ethical qualms with meat eating, I am fascinated by human evolution and biology, and to deny our meat-eating history and development or to downplay it is to my mind insanity!

I'll let this lie if you'd rather not talk about it anymore!!
    ethical qualms with meat eating? what could these qualms be? do you have ethical qualms with lions hunting zebras? maybe we need to educate the lions.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    ethical qualms with meat eating? what could these qualms be? do you have ethical qualms with lions hunting zebras? maybe we need to educate the lions.
    That kind of logic doesn't work with banana brains. If you have sharp pointy teeth and ferocious claws you qualify as meat eater. Having large brains and using tools only qualifies you as being a banana junkie.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    That kind of logic doesn't work with banana brains. If you have sharp pointy teeth and ferocious claws you qualify as meat eater. Having large brains and using tools only qualifies you as being a banana junkie.
    I don't think that there is any kind of logic that works with banana brains other than banana logic.

hoppimike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I just don't like to kill stuff really, that's all. I perceive it as if I can go through my life killing fewer things, then that has to be a good thing!

Also, a number of things about our digestive tract are suspicious. It's quite long for a carnivore (compare it to a cheetah's or probably any other carnivore - there's are much shorter). This makes me suspicious that perhaps we have not sufficiently evolved from frugivores to consume high meat diets. Also... I find that after a purely veggie diet, my body... well, believe this or not you end up smelling better haha

Using the toilet is a way nicer experience than on the SAD diet for one thing!! lol but then I suppose that can be said for any healthier diet.

Erm... I think that's about it.. but yeah, I may be a little on the fence, but I'm certainly not anti-paleo or anti-vegan

I'm just against people who lie and try to cover up the truth like Harley is doing, as it's sad to see...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You kill millions of creatures every day whether you like it or not through hand washing, stepping on bugs on the street, digesting microbes on your food and so on. Your gut is a house of microbiological murder. Everything must die, so let's grow up.

Oh yeah also I forgot that fruits and vegetables are living creatures or parts of living creatures that have the potentiality for life.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 11-11-2011 at 09:10 AM.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Also, a number of things about our digestive tract are suspicious. It's quite long for a carnivore
    I thought we were omnivores, not carnivores.

This makes me suspicious that perhaps we have not sufficiently evolved from frugivores
    What evidence do you have that supports we evolved from eating fruit? How do you know that we didn't evolve from eating things like insects and bone marrow?

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hoo boy. This was just the kind of pointless sh*t stirring that we don't need.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast