Thread: creamed coconut page

seaweed is offline Senior Member

creamed coconut

Shop Now
    i've got a jar of creamed coconut. as is, it tastes to me like sweet coconut ice. i am still getting around to doing coconut oil as it tastes so vile but this tastes nice. is there anything i can make with it other than eat it neat? could i make a coffee creamer with it?

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    I use it to make coconut energy bars. Basically creamed coconut, a bit of coconut oil, dark cocoa, toasted coconut and toasted almonds. The kids love it for a quick pick me up. It tastes like dessert to me LOL!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Is creamed coconut just taking dehydrated coconut and throwing it in a food processor until it is creamed?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Fury is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Is creamed coconut just taking dehydrated coconut and throwing it in a food processor until it is creamed?
    Yes, the end result would be quite similar to creamed coconut.
    IIRC the commercial stuff has a slightly lower fibre content than dehydrated coconut
    Per 25g : 17g fat, 0.9g fibre, 2g sugars, 2g protein

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    cool. I did that and put it in the fridge, then cut it up into pieces and ate it. Next time I am going to add an 80% dark chocolate bar and spread it out on a cookie sheet and put in the fridge. Might add some almonds to get that almond joy, only better, taste.

Here is a recipe for a primal non-dairy creamer using coconut milkfollowing my nose...: A Primal Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Man I love that stuff, I just cut big chunks of it for a quick snack. Love the sound of combining with dark choc and almonds though.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am gonna try it with dark chocolate and maybe some toasted almonds for the kids. still kinda like it neat myself tho. if there is 17 g of fat per 25g, does that mean it is a way of taking coconut oil? i still cant manage that neat.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I have a feeling that your creamed coconut is the same as coconut cream over here (NZ) - basically the whole coconut smashed until it's creamy? The stuff I eat is part hard and part liquid, but when it's mixed together at room temp it turns out like whipped cream. I spoon it onto blueberries and cinnamon, drink it with cocoa and stevia, and add it to smoothies. I don't like it neat - it has a fibrous texture and is very filling.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

luxdelux is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I have a feeling that your creamed coconut is the same as coconut cream over here (NZ) - basically the whole coconut smashed until it's creamy? The stuff I eat is part hard and part liquid, but when it's mixed together at room temp it turns out like whipped cream. I spoon it onto blueberries and cinnamon, drink it with cocoa and stevia, and add it to smoothies. I don't like it neat - it has a fibrous texture and is very filling.
    Creamed coconut is something different- I love creamed coconut, and find myself eating out of the jar.