Thread: Nutrition tracking app - Primal-inspired - Simple, flexible, social page

pamelafox is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Nutrition tracking app - Primal-inspired - Simple, flexible, social

Primal Fuel
    Hey folks -

I'm Pamela Fox, and I've been primal for nearly a year now (lost 40 lbs, now working on building strength @ CrossFit). I'm a web developer, and after quitting Google last year I decided to spend my time coming up with apps that could help other people in their quest for better nutritional health.

My first app is a simple, flexible, and social nutrition tracking app: everyday.io

There are many tracking apps out there, but most of them are based on calorie counting -- mine takes a different, primal-inspired approach. Just indicate what you're avoiding (grains, sugar, etc) and drag a slider at the end of the day to reflect how well you did.

If you're looking to track your primal progress (and I recommend it-- studies show that keeping a journal is a highly effective way of changing your habits, especially a photographic journal), try out everyday.io and let me know how it works for you -- and what I could do to make it work better for you.

(I noticed there's also PaleoTrack - it's cool to see more of us devs experimenting with different forms of tracking!)

Hope everyone has a great Veterans Day weekend.

- pamela

ib4student is offline Member
    Thanks! Got it on my phone, it's looking pretty good.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Looks interesting. How about tracking Omega 3 and Omega 6 intake?

barefootmerle is offline Junior Member
    I'm trying to sign up, but the next button does nothing. :-\
    Neither does the feedback button.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Looks well designed. I hope it helps lots of folks.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Looks pretty cool so far. The mobile platform syncs very fast with the website, huge plus :-)

Great idea to take pics of the food, I will start with that at lunch. I think that will help with portion control, too.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    Hey, that looks pretty cool! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: FYI, I logged in using Facebook, and it squished my vertical profile pic instead of using the square thumb version.

Edit: Oooh meal pics... that's quick and easy. I love not tracking individual ingredients.

Edit: How do you add existing users as buddies? It looks like I can only invite via email and Facebook?

Feature request: How about uploading data? I usually track my weight and body fat using FatWatch (based on the Hacker's Diet) and it would be cool if I could just import a CSV with dates, weights and body fat percentages once a month or something.
    Last edited by elainevdw; 01-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.