Thread: Help page

mike_nyc is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Been Primal for 3 weeks now and have lost around 10lbs so far, I am 34 years old and 6' 2", starting weight was 198lbs and I currently weigh 188. I feel like I am losing strength. I go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week and since going primal my bench has went down 25lbs. I am trying to loss my belly fat with this life style but canít afford to lose muscle. My carb intake is around 50 - 75g per day, should I up my carbs and using which foods. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

Acmebike is offline Member

Up your protein more! Protein is needed to build and maintain muscle, and any protein intake beyond that will be made into glucose and stored as glycogen in the muscles and liver. Stay on with what you are doing (50-75g carb) for a few more weeks, strength will likely rebound and gain, keep the protein (from meat) up!

mike_nyc is offline Junior Member

Thanks Acmebike

Acmebike is offline Member

Sure, and do keep in mind, you'll get just as many recommendations to increase carbohydrate! I'd just put out the thought that 3 weeks is not long enough to have fully adapted after (I'm guessing) 34 years of living on an un-known and likely exceedingly high carb intake. Rome wasn't built in a day! Good luck, stick it out a fair bit longer, and get the red meat down you gullet.