Thread: "Snack and still lose weight" OMG! page 3

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

@magnus84

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

"OMG" is right. Snack like Elaine... look like Elaine! It gets worse:
    [quote]

Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, is positively passionate about changing the way America eats - one recipe at a time!</blockquote>

And
    [quote]

Magee is the author of more than 25 books on nutrition and healthy cooking, with her most recent book being Food Synergy. Magee’s medical nutrition series includes Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Diabetes, Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Acid Reflux, and four others. Hundreds of thousands of these books have been sold, and they are now being distributed all over the world, including China, Russia, Spain, Indonesia, and Arabic countries. New editions of these three books were released in 2008.</blockquote>

from webmd.com/elaine-magee

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

From Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Diabetes:

For example, if you find your blood sugar tends to get too high after you eat pizza, you can try eliminating the fatty meat toppings, eating one slice less, and having some green salad with vegetables and kidney beans instead.

A few pages later...

Fat helps lower the blood glucose response of the other foods it is eaten with.

She clearly has no idea what she&#39;s talking about!

(The book is on google.)

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

She is a special lady, it seems.

I read her list of "Credentials" to my husband and then showed him the video. Of course being the "nice guy" he is, he said to me, "Maybe she&#39;s really healthy, Emily!"

Uh, right. That&#39;s the glow of a healthy woman. And canola oil + reduced fat cheese + turkey bacon makes for an AWESOME snack that will save you 52 WHOLE CALORIES!!! (or something)

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

I can relate and I give her props for having the confidence to get in front of the camera and offer advice (the fact that it&#39;s bad advice is besides the point). I have a Bachelor&#39;s degree in Exercise Science, a Master&#39;s degree in Sport Management, and several coaching and personal training certifications and I&#39;m 370 lbs. I&#39;m so self-conscious that I won&#39;t even apply for jobs in my field, much less step out in public offering tips about health and fitness.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Deb Guest

OMG! I bought this woman&#39;s book on what to eat if you have IBS years ago. It did not help!!! I ended up gaining weight! But I an now losing the weight on PB!!!

lars1000 is offline Member

I wonder if WebMD has noticed an uptick of hits to that video and see where the inbound traffic is coming from?

Sharon C. is offline Junior Member

Sick.

JamieRose is offline Member

I&#39;m also sitting here thinking, "You know, I would have believed that a year ago..."

I&#39;m SO happy I found this site. *shudders*

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Now, now. I&#39;m sure her diet is perfectly healthful. She just needs to do more cardio.

*rolls eyes*

:P

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast