Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Snack and still lose weight" OMG! page 2

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I agree that the diet advice is totally bogus, but her weight shouldn't be an issue. I mean. Am I not allowed to give out advice about the Primal way of life until I weigh 180lbs?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Also one who is thinking "just ...wow."

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

magnus84 is offline Member

@Dualhammers

She's a professional Dietician, described as the WebMd dietician (I repeat, DIETICIAN). You can tell everyone about the primal lifestyle while at any shape, but how effective would mark be on tv and in books and such selling this lifestyle if he looked like what we are all trying not to be? If you're going to call yourself a nutrition expert, and represent a health website, and your topic is going to be on how to snack to lose weight, then your weight becomes free game.

Isn't that reasonable or am I off base here? A Dietician! talking about snacking to lose weight. Dietician for WebMd. Unlike most salesmen selling some other object, as a dietician telling us what she is telling us, she should be the example of her trade.

But there is no reason to be rude or anything like that toward her. Other than that, I really think she's free game for that sort of criticism.

Not done yet...

Acmebike is offline Member

Holy bummer. My Superbowl snacking supplies don't look anything like her recommendations. I'll have guacamole with pork cracklins, jerky, nuts, shredded coconut, smoked fish, anchovies and sardines, chicken nacho fixings (over pork rinds), I think she'd be aghast at my menu, just as I'm aghast at hers!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Acme can i come over?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

elbohead Guest

Please understand that I never meant to poke fun at the dietician in the video for her weight. I just think it was rather obvious and questioned the site's choice of having her offer weight loss advise. I was 40 pounds heavier just over a year ago and had been that way for years. In other words, been there, lived that and would never crack on someone else for it. I think that just about anyone watching that video, no matter what their eating habits, would be left scratching their head.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

I think I was staring at the screen in schock for about 10 whole seconds after the video was over!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Yeah, it's usually irrelevant what someone looks like, until they make a living telling others what to do - hairdressers, beauticians, dieticians....

My only thoughts were it wouldn't be worth it for the measly calorie savings anyway!

And what's with reduced fat cheese everywhere? Yuck. I'd just gnaw a lump of cheddar. Simples!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Well show me something new...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I just saw a commercial for eggs "now with less saturated fat!"

Ugh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast