Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs for dinner page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm on a very small budget and eggs (even the free-range organic type) are really cheap compared to meat, so I would like to start substituting eggs into my dinners in place of meat. I'm not that creative with eggs. Does anybody have any recipes or suggestions to help me get a little more variety?

RogerDeRok is offline Member

Quiche!

Deviled eggs!

Egg salad!

Could also just fry or scramble, nothin' wrong with eating breakfast at night!

musajen is offline Junior Member

Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites! Son of Grok has a thing he does with hard-boiled eggs. Boils them up (do soft boiled) and then wrap pork sausage around them, roll then in a little almond flour and bake until the pork is done. He calls them scottish meatballs I think. Pretty tasty.

That fool eats so many eggs, it's ridiculous. Every time I'm at his house he's eating egg salad. He eats 5 eggs at a time in whatever egg thing he's eating.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I love Roger's enthusiasm and all the exclamation points. haha.

Huge fan of those 3 though (quiche, egg salad, deviled eggs).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Karin Guest

You could make egg salad in the spirit of lettuce salad. Scrambled eggs with a little avocado, tomato, green onion, a few nuts, bell pepper, spinach....

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

You can also stir-fry some veggies and, when done, pour some eggs on top until you have some sort of omelette.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Once I put ceviche in my egg salad and it was amazing!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

omg how about poached egg over ham w/hollandaise... like a breadless eggs benedict

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Egg and ceviche sounds like heresy to me. Will try it though, might be surprised.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast