Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NO Change in Body Comp or Wt- What's Wrong??? page

nolagirl is offline Junior Member

NO Change in Body Comp or Wt- What's Wrong???

Shop Now
    Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been eating Paleo for 7 weeks now. I feel great but am so frustrated by the lack of improvement in my body comp! I took measurements and weighed myself at the start and there has been NO change at all!! Here's some background:

45yo female 5'9" 140lbs
    I'd like to get rid of the fat- lose about 10 pounds (I have a smallish frame)
    I have been doing crossfit for a year now. 4-5 x/week, but we do strength training for 2 of those workouts.
    I sleep at least 8 hours a night and don't have any considerable stressors in my life.

Typical meals:
    Breakfast- coffee with canned coconut milk (3T)
    2 or 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil scrambled with spinach and 1/2 a sweet potato
    sausage or bacon
    Lunch- large bowl of greens, with any other available vegetables
    5 oz of chicken, salmon, or steak
    1/2 an avocado
    topped with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice
    sometimes another cup of coffee with coconut milk
    Dinner- 6-8 oz salmon, shrimp, beef, or chicken
    veggies sauteed in butter or coconut oil
    occasionally a cup of berries with coconut milk
    glass of red wine

I'm generally eating at least 100g of protein, over 100g of fat, and under 50g carbs each day. I stay away from nuts and fruit except for berries 2-3x/week. Sometimes I'll make a higher fat dinner like a curry stew and eat leftovers the next day. What can I do to improve???

Thanks!

activia is offline Senior Member
    try IF (Intermittent Fasting) for 14-18 hours at least a few days a week. Skipping breakfast is the easiest way for me.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You will likely need to go low fat (Paleo rather than Primal), perhaps add carb-ups, because it appears that classic Primal lends you in the healthy isostasis. If your BF% is ~ 18-22%, as it seems to be from your #s, your body will resist shedding fat with a vengeance unless you do some targeted programs, not a generic Primal/Paleo.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Also are you doing sprints? I would stay away from the sweet potato except on lifting days. You can also try carb cycling. High carb/low fat on lifting days and your typical diet with no starchy carbs on cardio/off days. The other option is to try a leptin reset.

I'm doing sprints about once a week, but not consistently.

Tneah is offline Senior Member
    You're 5'9 and 140lbs. I believe your weight is lower than the norm for your frame. Now, if you want vanity pounds off, then try IF or closely monitor your calories.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    What is your water intake like? A chronically dehydrated body is in survival mode and is not going to be releasing anything.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    You will likely need to go low fat (Paleo rather than Primal), perhaps add carb-ups, because it appears that classic Primal lends you in the healthy isostasis. If your BF% is ~ 18-22%, as it seems to be from your #s, your body will resist shedding fat with a vengeance unless you do some targeted programs, not a generic Primal/Paleo.
    This.

You are eating too much fat. You can't burn stored fat with all that dietary fat, and your body is lean enough that it doesn't want to lose the subcutaneous fat. That is emergency survival fat. And here's the real kicker - if you cut too much fat and your calories too low, your body will hold onto that fat even more. The answer is typically lots of carbohydrate and not a lot of fat. You may want to check out the top link in my signature.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    i second upping the carbs. A couple of tubers once in a while shouldn't hurt

Lots of great feedback- many thanks!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast