Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moral Duality of a Haircut page

Leida is offline Senior Member

Moral Duality of a Haircut

Shop Now
    About 2 or 3 months ago, when I finally got the guts to go for another stub at my goal of 15% BF (on my WW scale), I gave a word to myself that I will not have my hair cut till I reach 17% BF. I was hovering over that number for third week in a row now, despite rather good regimen (I am doing U.D. 2). While 19 to 18% was good to go, 18 to 17 is harder (rather as expected, since it is not a range my body is accustomed to). Again, 17% on the WW scale, so it's not like I am dangerously thin & I understand it is not the most accurate, yada-yada-yada. That's NOT the point.

Today I am toying with the idea of rewarding the behavoir, rather than the number. I had a glitches during the 1st day of carb-up, falling for sweets instead of good food in the pm (despite meeting calories and carbs), and still have troubles letting go of fruit. So, I am thinking that I can get my haircut if:

-I hit my 17% close enough this or next Saturday

OR

-I have both met the following conditions:

• clean carb up (no wheat, no added sugars, xpt 1 tbsp raw honey) Sat through Monday, with Sunday and Monday being classic No-Nuts Paleo.
    • clean carb-down on Tue-Friday: no dairy, no fruit, meet calorie requirements

I can’t decide, because it feels like I am breaking my word to myself and trying to wiggle around the very specific conditions. Keeping my fingers crossed that I do not have to resolve this moral dilemma and just see that coveted 17% on the scale by next Saturday!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

dado Guest
    so what do you want me to tell you? get the haircut.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    If your goal is happiness what has BF% got to do with it? One day at a time, go cut your hair.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    See how easily we tie ourselves up in knots over the silliest things?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Yeah, the Goal was Happiness, till I read that Blog by Mark about Paula. Now I am fighting the fat again. Gotta change my signature, I am afraid.

kitana is offline Senior Member
    As soon as it become a negotiation and you're looking for loopholes - you might want to take a step back.

Get a haircut because you need one. Eat food because you need to fuel you body. Make good choices because it's the right thing to do, not because you want a haircut.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    If your goal is happiness what has BF% got to do with it? One day at a time, go cut your hair.
    +100000

I changed both my goal and my signature as I mentioned in the last post. I just can't seem to come to terms with never becoming slender even if it is more comfortable to stay fat.

Get a haircut because you need one. Eat food because you need to fuel you body. Make good choices because it's the right thing to do, not because you want a haircut.
    I do not want to fuel my body. I need to push myself to stick to the restrictions applied by the healthy style. When I looked at Paleo to start with, the message was so cheery: Eat fresh meats, fruit, vegetables and nuts! Feel great. Well, turns out, you can't eat fruit, nuts and your cooking is severely limited by the restrictions on dairy, sugars and flours. You want to meet your macros, you have to limit your protein intakles to egg whites, tuna and chicken breasts, or your fat level shoots up like a rocket. You can't even have all you want vegetables, because your carbs are limited too, and, apparently, cabbage adds up to way too fast. Plus, you need to drop coffee (sugar spikes), dairy (isnuline) and even on carb-up days, you can't have fruit, sugar, and fat, so you eat 3000 calories worth of boiled rice. And, your weight doesn't drop off, oh, no. It hangs for dear life.

Yeah, you need some sort of a reward to stick to it and power past depressive spells of hopelessness and thinking that you are going stay fat no matter what.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Get thee to a counselor. Life is too short to be unhappy because of a number.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Never being slender? At 17% body fat? You are a woman, right? If you don't care to function as a woman, I recommend steroids to reach your BF goal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast