Thread: How Quickly Will My CRP Lead to CPR? page

egger is offline Member

How Quickly Will My CRP Lead to CPR?

Primal Fuel
    Just had labwork done that I'm very disturbed about. Highlights:

CRP: 3.54 mg/L (High)
    Free Testosterone: 60 pg/mL (Low)
    Free T3/RT3 Thyroid Ratio: 10.7 (Should be 20 min)
    TSH: 11.53 mcIU/mL

I'm afraid I have cortisol issues but haven't done the spit test yet. I've just switched to T3 only thyroid replacement.

Note I lift heavy things (do Stronglifts 5x5), am probably 70% compliant and eat a copious amount of fatty dairy products (heavy cream, sour cream and cheese). I started Synthroid when I was 7 years old and have no idea when I feel normal/good, but have not had a problem being functional (although the last couple months might be an exception).

I guess the CRP really throws me for a loop based on the changes I've made in the last couple years. Not to happy about the test issues either, but I want to get thyroid/cortisol in line before I consider supplementation...

I guess am asking if this CRP means I'm in any imminent (heart) danger, if CRP can be this bad from diet alone (as opposed to my body trying to repair something), and if you would expect text values to increase naturally (though I already lift heavy)?

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is inflammatory, that's why.

Your CRP is only slightly elevated. People with lupus have CRPs in the thousands.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

egger is offline Member
    Is this level normal for a SAD diet? The lab report says that this is the highest tertile, with high risk for atherosclerosis, stroke, and myocardial infarction.

It IS true that if your CRP is elevated that you have a higher risk for those diseases you cite. That's why we place such an emphasis on cooling inflammation around here.

hs-CRP: The Test | High-sensitivity C-reactive protein

My CRP was slightly elevated still even though I was eating clean Primal with none of this "cheat day" stuff. Besides the dairy, I also had to cut nuts and nightshades (also inflammatory) to get mine down to within normal range. I have an autoimmune disease, though, so hopefully you will not have to be quite as draconian.

Cubbieblue is offline Junior Member
    Your TSH very high. Fixing your thyroid might fix the testosterone and help the CRP.

Another thing you should tighten up (if you haven't already), as this will definitely raise your CRP: make sure you are not using store-bought salad dressings for your BAS with funky canola oil (or any other industrial oils, such as cottonseed, etc.).

ETA: This blog will be of interest to you:
    http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by TigerLily; 11-09-2011 at 10:44 PM.

egger is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubbieblue View Post
    Your TSH very high. Fixing your thyroid might fix the testosterone and help the CRP.
    My TSH is always very high, even when Free T4 and Free T3 aren't low. Not sure if clearing out RT3 by taking T3 only now will resolve this or not...

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Dude you are seriously hypothyroid and have major hormone issues. You need a good biohack from a good doc. Dont delay and get one........

egger is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not sure what your proposing as a biohack but find that the only way to know if you have a good doctor is to know as much or more than they do...

My current doctor is experienced in thyroid treatment, is open to less traditional treatments, and would prescribe statins to lower cholesterol numbers.