Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: call of duty: modern warfare 3 page

dado Guest

call of duty: modern warfare 3

Primal Fuel
    first impressions?

maps are more complex, more vertical, i can't run and gun like i used to in black ops. it's been a humbling experience. i've had to adapt by slowing my game down, using an assault rifle with the ACOG scope; haven't used ACOG since the first modern warfare.

but the maps look nice and the perk and killstreak system is DEEP!!! plus there seems to be a UAV up the entire time.

Fletch666 is offline Senior Member
    Just bought it today, haven't had a chance to get it out of the shrink wrap. Having kids has really interfered with my gaming.
    Was sorta thinking I'd finish Uncharted 3 first, but I kinda really just want to shoot someone.

I've been playing Battlefield 3 (the campaign, not online). Meh. My fellow soldiers keep running into me from behind and shoving me into the line of fire. It's not scratching that need to kill thing at all.

Tomorrow. MW3.

dado Guest
    How is Battlefield? I gotta be honest, I think CoD lost me. I was amped for MW3 but here it is and I almost popped in Black Ops again. I can't put my finger on it, exactly, but it just feels so crowded, it has too much going on.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    BF3 is humbling... the whole game is a bit slower run and gun doesnt work like in the COD games. Also a lot more is focused on teamwork vs allstars. Also I LOVE the big maps. The "rush" games are massive and fun. Regardless there was like a 10 hour learning curve for me comming from being a COD player. Also you need to use more than your gun. You need to use your rockets and tanks and such to blow up walls and make new entry points.

Now if only I was as good as these 10 year old snots that whoop me haha

I do need to buy uncharted 3... and mass effect 3 when that comes out

black ops is a terrible game. the campaign is god-awful and super easy, even at it's hardest setting. multiplayer has a handful of decent boards, and a handful of decent guns. that's about it. there are 2 redeeming qualities of black ops. 1) it wasn't hackable. MW2 multiplayer was destroyed by the hackers. and 2) the return of the zombie boards. I LOVE zombies. but it was missing the special ops missions that MW2 had, which i honestly felt were the best part of the game.

i plan on buying MW3 sometime next week, when i actually get a free minute to play it. i'm sure i'll be back on this thread letting you know what i think. i hear that MW3 has the special ops missions, so at least it has that going for it so far

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    I've been playing it, but Skyrim is coming out tonight and I have a 5 day convention next week.

Maps feel crowded because they intentionally designed it to not really have defensible positions. No matter where you are there'll probably be several ways for people to see and shoot you from blind spots.

PaleoAP is offline Member
    Haha I cannot believe that COD has infiltrated the MDA. May God help us all.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    I consider myself somewhat of a gamer, but I couldn't possibly care less about these types of war games. Browns and greys and "hyper-realism" with dumbed down game mechanics. No thanks.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockin Grok View Post
    BF3 is humbling... the whole game is a bit slower run and gun doesnt work like in the COD games. Also a lot more is focused on teamwork vs allstars. Also I LOVE the big maps. The "rush" games are massive and fun. Regardless there was like a 10 hour learning curve for me comming from being a COD player. Also you need to use more than your gun. You need to use your rockets and tanks and such to blow up walls and make new entry points.

Now if only I was as good as these 10 year old snots that whoop me haha

I do need to buy uncharted 3... and mass effect 3 when that comes out
    Ya, I played Bad Company and loved it, but me mates never took it up so I stayed with CoD. I was also beast daddy on Battlefield 1943, or was it 1942, well the last one that was a downloadable game.

black ops is a terrible game. the campaign is god-awful and super easy, even at it's hardest setting. multiplayer has a handful of decent boards, and a handful of decent guns. that's about it. there are 2 redeeming qualities of black ops. 1) it wasn't hackable. MW2 multiplayer was destroyed by the hackers. and 2) the return of the zombie boards. I LOVE zombies. but it was missing the special ops missions that MW2 had, which i honestly felt were the best part of the game.
    I never play the single player, I haven't played the campaign of any CoD since the first Modern Warfare, but the special ops missions are the dope schnitzel; special ops >> zombies, any day of the week and four times on Sunday.

I've been playing it, but Skyrim is coming out tonight and I have a 5 day convention next week.

Maps feel crowded because they intentionally designed it to not really have defensible positions. No matter where you are there'll probably be several ways for people to see and shoot you from blind spots.
    True, this is true, there are many corners. But there is also, it feels like, a ton of junk on the battlefield, left and right, up and down, just junk, and you can't even climb most of it. Plus the interface is crowded, the perks are cluttered, it's just too much shit. They wanted to make it so that you feel you have achieved something no matter how poorly you played, and this is what we get; it's the result of the trophy generation, where everyone wins something no matter how much you suck.

Skyrim, man, I want to get it, but I only have time for one game, so it will have to wait; the screenshots I have seen are amazing and the whole open world thing is the best thing in the universe; is it like a medieval grand theft auto?

Haha I cannot believe that COD has infiltrated the MDA. May God help us all.
    buahahahahaha

I consider myself somewhat of a gamer, but I couldn't possibly care less about these types of war games. Browns and greys and "hyper-realism" with dumbed down game mechanics. No thanks.
    brown and grays, you mean the color shades? and how do you mean dumbed down game mechanics? it's a very accessible game and this is why it is so popular, you can hop in and have a blast even if you've never played it before, but to excel it is not so easy.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    brown and grays, you mean the color shades? and how do you mean dumbed down game mechanics? it's a very accessible game and this is why it is so popular, you can hop in and have a blast even if you've never played it before, but to excel it is not so easy.
    Yeah I was referring to the color scheme, which seems to be the norm with all major releases these days. And maybe I was being a little unfair because I never really got into the series, but it always did seem pretty shallow to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast