Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soy is Cruel and Unusual Punishment page

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member

Soy is Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Primal Fuel
    Prisoner Sues Over Soy-Based Meals.

Nevermind that the prisoner is a pedophile - that would be a different thread. But this is a slippery slope indeed - what if schools started adopting these Frankenfoods to feed kids "nutritious" meals? Or supplemented gruel like in the Matrix, "everything a body needs."

That would cut costs. Actually, I don't know that school meals don't include these soy-supplemented foods already. Hmmm....
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    "Cruel and unusual" seems a bit hyperbolic, but I definitely think prisoners should at least have access to healthy options. If cost is such an issue, maybe we should start reevaluating why our prisons are so overcrowded.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petriquor View Post
    "Cruel and unusual" seems a bit hyperbolic, but I definitely think prisoners should at least have access to healthy options. If cost is such an issue, maybe we should start reevaluating why our prisons are so overcrowded.
    You're a better person than I. IMO pedophiles don't deserve access to any options and should be left in holes to rot or mummify, depending on local climate.

dado Guest
    these guys think they're in hotels. and maybe they are when compared to jails in other countries, like, say, turkey.

no love for the evil people.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    You're a better person than I. IMO pedophiles don't deserve access to any options and should be left in holes to rot or mummify, depending on local climate.
    True, but I lack faith in the ability of the legal system to actually tell a pedophile from a pediatrician.
    Oh and veganism is a cruel and unusual punishment.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    [what if schools started adopting these Frankenfoods to feed kids
    That would cut costs. Actually, I don't know that school meals don't include these soy-supplemented foods already. Hmmm....
    What mean you by this "what if"?

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Aside from wanting paedophiles, and the like, to burn in hell NOW, I have to wonder if making their diets more primal might alter some brain chemistry in them to "heal" them of these vices. You know, like how eliminating wheat can (almost) eliminate schizophrenia symptoms. What if these "urges" are caused by a CW diet?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimelah View Post
    What if these "urges" are caused by a CW diet?
    There would be a lot more paedophiles?

The issue I have is that whether it is a state of mind or not it requires an act...you have to actually violate a child. That goes beyond diet or brain chemistry into conscious action. There is no excuse for that.

As to OP...I think cruel and unusual punishment has gone beyond what the Founders envisioned. If you told GW, TJ etc that one day a prisoner could sue because they do not like prison food they probably would have laughed at you.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If you told GW, TJ etc that one day a prisoner could sue because they do not like prison food they probably would have laughed at you.
    To be fair, they would also not recognize a lot of what we eat as "food". Just saying.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petriquor View Post
    To be fair, they would also not recognize a lot of what we eat as "food". Just saying.
    Good point.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast