Thread: Just wanted to introduce myself, first week of going primal! page

amberlink09 is offline Junior Member

Just wanted to introduce myself, first week of going primal!

Shop Now
    Hey guys!

I'm glad to find such a great forum here, I've found that a supportive forum really helps with dietary changes. I went ahead and took questions from the intro forum to start!

Your location: Austin, TX

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: So far close to 100, minus the teaspoon of coconut sugar I put in my coffee, but I will probably cheat now and then.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I'm lactose intolerant and I've done a lot of experimenting with what does and doesn't work for me, I eliminate all dairy except for hard, low lactose cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, I don't think I can deal with sugar and caffeine withdrawal!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well, I'm already gluten and dairy free but lately I've been eating more packaged junk than I ever have since I was diagnosed with Celiac two years ago and I'm paying for it. I also know that too much starch/sugar/grains doesn't go well with my stomach. I also want to lose 5-10 pounds (I'm 5'1" 125ish) and get healthier! I went 7 years with undiagnosed Celiac disease and it wreaked havoc on my body and immune system. I also have Endometriosis and my Thyroid is completely out of whack (part of my thyroid is too high and part is too low). I was hospitalized twice for kidney infections for a week each last year, had Mono for over a month, and get some kind of illness probably a week out of every month. Since having every medical test under the sun to get fixed and seeing no results I turned to a naturopath and am finally getting closer to feeling better. I'm hoping Primal is going to help my immune system, because I'm tired of my illnesses holding me back!

Favorite exercise: Probably pilates, though I have a sprained foot right now and can't do much of anything.

Favorite Primal food: That's tough, probably my favorite thing is being able to eat any meat I want.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good about what I'm eating, not counting calories and carbs, and not feeling guilty.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat mashed potatoes. And being able to see how badly everyone around me is eating

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlink09 View Post
    Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat mashed potatoes. And being able to see how badly everyone around me is eating
    Potatoes are kind of a gray area- you might be okay with them sometimes, or even regularly, depending on your body and your goals.

Watching other people eat or shop is pretty gross, though.