Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fila as good as Fibram five fingers page

Skydiver is offline Member

Fila as good as Fibram five fingers

Shop Now
    Santa whispered that I might be receiving a set of Fibram five fingers this xmass, but then from the brand Fila. yey! This makes me happier than all ipod, ipads, nooks, iphones combined. However looking at them in the shop I see that they got a hard, moulded sole. Not just a bit of rubber to protect your feet from urban pavement dangers. So I wondered, are Fila's as good as the real McCoy?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    noooooooo...

fila is actually getting sued by vibram for those shoes, but that suit is based entirely on appearance, which is the only thing they have in common. the filas have hard, stiff bottoms, no toe flare, crappy structure, and just plain suck. at first i thought it was great that there was another option out there, but once i checked out a pair i realized there's really not anything minimalist about them.
    vibrams are obviously the popular choice around here, but there are plenty of barefoot options out there. i wear a cheap pair of water shoes when i can't wear my VFFs, and iniquity and others recommend a wushu (martial arts) shoe for a measly $15 that i'm about to order and try out. they may not be as minimalist and chic as vibrams or run amoks, but are way better than those filas.

uh oh, bad news as the gf's mother has already bought them over from across the pond for me....! Damn!

Thanks for the quick answer though. At least now I know.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    No, I have the Filas and they are awful.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I have the vibram 5 finger treks. I also have a $10 pair of aqua shoes, I have hiked many miles up steep granite ledge covered mountains with both of them. While the vibram five fingers will last longer, I actually prefer the aqua shoes and as an added bonus I don't have to deal with comments and questions. Save your money and go with the aqua shoes.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    I met somebody at Dicks shoe dept who said that his had not held up well at all. Soooorry...

thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainer View Post
    I have the vibram 5 finger treks. I also have a $10 pair of aqua shoes, I have hiked many miles up steep granite ledge covered mountains with both of them. While the vibram five fingers will last longer, I actually prefer the aqua shoes and as an added bonus I don't have to deal with comments and questions. Save your money and go with the aqua shoes.
    This sounds worthy of further investigation Mainer! Can you tell me if Aqua has the same sizing issues vibram has? IE if you order online you need to pass on a slightly larger size than that your feet truly are.

And I've just noticed that Fibram isnt spelled with a F after all... Doh! I swear, the older I get the more I'm convinced that I've got dyslexia (never let the truth get in the way of a good excuse )

ceena is offline Junior Member
    Foods those we eat become a healthy and strong so never forget food value in life and for ever ready for struggle then we will be healthy and wealthy so foods has a crucial role in our life.

dado Guest
    Ya, I feel your pain. It sucks when you get a shitty gift from a stupid person, but they are close to you, and you cannot tell them how you really think.

girlsgotrhythm is offline Junior Member
    Of course, when it comes to gifts (of any kind), it's the thought that counts! Right, guys?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast