Thread: New to primal, 7 weeks post partum page

MaceyK is offline Junior Member

Question New to primal, 7 weeks post partum

Shop Now
    Hi everyone! I started the primal lifetsyle about 2 weeks ago. I am absolutely in love! I do have a question. I had my beautiful baby girl 7 weeks ago and exclusively breast feeding. I cannot stop crav
    ing and eating chocolate. Which is weird for me bc I have never liked chocolate before. Can this mean my body is telling me it needs something specific? What I eat typically is:
    Breakfast-
    4 egg omelet with bacon, sausage, tomato, red, yellow, and orange bell pepper.
    Coffee with very little creamer

Lunch-
    3 hard boiled eggs, avocado, tomato, bacon "salad"

Snack-
    An apple

Dinner-
    Some kind of meat with tons of veggies.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on why my body is having such an intense craving and how to get rid of it! Thank you guys in advance.

katiedid is offline Junior Member
    CaveGirlEats (awesome blog, check it out!) wrote an article "What Do You Really Want" here:

Steve's Original: Paleo Kits, Paleo Diet, Zone Diet, Paleo Diets, Gluten Free

According to her research, chocolate equals magnesium. She recommends nuts and seeds (seasame, pumpkin) or berries.

Ingvildr is offline Senior Member
    I would suspect you are down on some sort of mineral, are you getting enough calcium? When I have done diet tracking through the Cron-O-Meter program I came up low on calcium eating paleo. The other thought may simply be calories. I've nursed two of my three kids and I could outeat most guys when I was nursing. I did not gain any weight while nursing. I will grant you that my kids were over 21 lbs by six months and 28 lbs by their first birthday. If you have a rapidly growing baby you may be going through a lot more calories than the 'book' says you are. You are also still recuperating from giving birth and that takes calories too. If you do dairy, I would suggest adding cheese and buttering your vegies. Congratulations on you little girl and I hope you are getting enough sleep.

Ingvildr