Thread: Just how Paleo are you willing to go...? hmmm? page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

Just how Paleo are you willing to go...? hmmm?

Primal Fuel

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    wow wow wow wow wow

Westly is offline Senior Member
    I have no problem eating raw meat, and I can't even imagine how it would be still warm from the kill... that would be awesome! But I tend to not like bitter or sour, which it sounds like all the icky things they were trying to give him were both bitter AND sour. (The bile for example)

As far as the rats go, I've eaten rabbit, I'm sure they taste about the same. I wouldn't eat their heads or guts though.
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

ellariley558 is offline Junior Member
    Well done.You have done a great job.Accept my best wishes.

Roa
    Roa is offline Member
    Well within my limits. It sounds tolerable!

I have to say, the first time I took part in slaughtering a sheep (I was waiting to get fresh organs ), it was the smell that got to me. Not too bad there and then. It was that I sensed the same smell when I was preparing to cook the organs (and that they were still warm). Had to freeze most of it after cooking, because I felt it was still there when it was cooked. (But, it was gone when I took it out and ate it later. )

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Roa, I agree that to anyone like you - who as actually hunted and killed, this must seem (sorta) 'normal'. You're lucky to have had the experience, and yes, I imagine the smell would be pretty bad.

For a person like me, who, the closest I have come to raw meat is unwrapping the cellophane it comes it, this looks like a wild dietary experience!!! We have become as cut off from our food as we have from nature and each other... but (as I live in Thailand) it's amazing to me to see these folk 9my neighbors) come together and share a meal, a REAL PRIMAL meal... probably much as our ancestors all would have, straight off the kill.

I'm not at all sure I could stomach it... though they seemed to be loving it!

Roa
    Roa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    Roa, I agree that to anyone like you - who as actually hunted and killed, this must seem (sorta) 'normal'. You're lucky to have had the experience, and yes, I imagine the smell would be pretty bad.

For a person like me, who, the closest I have come to raw meat is unwrapping the cellophane it comes it, this looks like a wild dietary experience!!! We have become as cut off from our food as we have from nature and each other... but (as I live in Thailand) it's amazing to me to see these folk 9my neighbors) come together and share a meal, a REAL PRIMAL meal... probably much as our ancestors all would have, straight off the kill.

I'm not at all sure I could stomach it... though they seemed to be loving it!
    Haha! You should have been there the first time I tried liver! It took a while before I attempted eating it again. I was passed twenty before I learned to eat and enjoy organ meats, insects, etc. It was a new experience.

Yes, very true. Even the primal joy of coming together and sharing a meal is rare to most of us.

It's odd how we have distanced ourselves so much from nature. Sad.

jfrendek is offline Senior Member
    Those are some lines I'm not about to cross.