Thread: Anyone with shingles experiencing improvement with Primal?

Anyone with shingles experiencing improvement with Primal?

Shop Now
    Hi PBers

I'm not expecting miracles or anything... oh OK maybe I am. And yes I have done a search but if this has been covered before I didn't find it and if you could just patiently paste in a link or point me in the right direction that would be lovely.

About three years ago I had the shingles rash on my face and in my eye, since then it returns (only my eye is affected) a few times each year, like now. So I am wondering whether anyone has this condition AND has seen an improvement or change since changing to a Primal lifestyle.

Thanks for your time...
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

bumping this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions. I was just diagnosed with shingles, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on diet for healing. My appetite is a little low right now - I've been sticking to primal but my diet has definitely been carb heavy.

I had shingles earlier this fall. It is a virus and I have not read anything where diet affects it. I feel for you though having it on your face and around your eyes (mine is my left arm down to my hand). I wish I had a suggestion.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Maybe it's weird but I don't ever actually feel sick when my eye is acting up, and only felt a little bit 'off' when I originally had the rash.

Yes, I do know it's a virus, but the Drs and the 'information' on the internet believe that it strikes when the immune system is compromised. I find that interesting, in a questioning way, because I rarely get sick, hardly even catch a cold... makes no sense really. Just wondered about the diet is all...

The only virus I've tried treating is cold sore virus on my lip. But I find that taking l-lysine, lots of vitamin D (get levels to high end of normal through testing), and iodine stops them immediately. I'm not sure if it would help with shingles, but I would think it might.

Good luck.

Shop Now
    Well it's another type of the herpes virus... will do some investigating. Thanks.