Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automating Food Choices page

nans is offline Member

Automating Food Choices

Primal Fuel
    Any thoughts on automating food choices? (Besides that to some it may be boring.) Note that I have a food addiction. I will eat when not hungry and continue to eat with stuffed. I can, and have, cut out grains and sugars (with an occasional cheat) which has helped to some extent. It doesn't take care of all of it though. My sons and husband are not primal in their eating. Therefore, there are some challenges such as foods being in the home that I don't buy and don't want to eat.

I understand about listening to your body. However, that is a very hard thing for a food addict to do.

Thanks for your thoughts.

d2mini is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry, but can you rephrase?
    I understand your circumstances, but I don't understand your question.
    -dennis

nans is offline Member
    I replied and then it vanished! Making breakfast the same or or two options, etc. Perhaps that would break the emotional connection to food, helping to break the addiction. Don't have to go into the kitchen wondering what you are eating....it is already set. Does that make sense?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you're thinking along the same lines as Dr. Stephan Guyenet in regards to food reward. He did a series of posts several months ago:
    Whole Health Source: The Case for the Food Reward Hypothesis of Obesity, Part I
    Whole Health Source: The Case for the Food Reward Hypothesis of Obesity, Part II

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    If you cook for yourself then it's very easy. Breakfast, four eggs scrambled in butter. Lunch, leftover meat from dinner plus some starch (rice, potatoes, or yams), maybe something green (spinach, broccoli, etc). Dinner, meat starch and something green, optionally a glass of wine. I was pinching pennies so I would buy a big hunk of something to roast (chuck, pork butt, lamb shoulder) and cook that over the weekend, made enough for 4 days. Add a chicken for variety and some fish for omega 3s, that's what I had every week.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    It helps that I do all my shopping one day of the week and buy five to seven helpings of everything. Same food everyday all week. If it gets boring, good. Food isn't for fun, it's for eating. Not that it can't be amazingly good with spices and fats, etc, but staying monotonous definitely makes it easier to eat. Every night, it's salmon and broccoli. Easy. If that needs changing, I'll get some grass-fed ground beef for a few days of the week for variety's sake. Lots of raw veggies are great, too, and easy to eat whenever you want- like zucchini, apples, etc.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

nans is offline Member
    Thank you for all of your responses. I am going to give a go. Same breakfast. Two choices for lunch (one at home and one on the go). Same snack. Dinner will be meat and veggie.

Nan

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    This is the only thing that works for me for weight loss - eating the same foods repeatedly. Once I start with the fancy meals and Paleo baking, even if I am eating only a tiny bit, no weight loss.
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nans View Post
    I replied and then it vanished! Making breakfast the same or or two options, etc. Perhaps that would break the emotional connection to food, helping to break the addiction. Don't have to go into the kitchen wondering what you are eating....it is already set. Does that make sense?
    I eat the same exact breakfast every day. With my lunch and dinner I have a side of steamed veggies (same every day) and an apple or banana. This has helped my food addiction. Try it out, it could work for you.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    My breakfasts and lunches are typically the same during the work week. I do the prep ahead and just reheat. I like to get some variety with dinner, though. I do plan for every meal when I go to the store, though. I don't leave it to chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast