Thread: How do you feel about PORK RINDS?!?! page

al09 is offline Senior Member

Question How do you feel about PORK RINDS?!?!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone

How do you all feel about pork rinds? Are they an OK snack? Part of the 20%? All Omega 6? Anyone have a good source? Thanks!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Love 'em. Don't eat too many because pigs are almost-universally CAFO animals and have crappy o3 : o6 ratios. But they're typically fried in their own lard and don't have anything overtly poisonous in them. They're also typically very dry and heavily salted and I find they give me cotton mouth if I eat too many.

So eat away, but keep them a "moderation" food, for sure.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    I grind them up in my food processor and use them occasionally as breading on things. I can't stand the taste/smell on their own, but they rock as a breading on things like "primal chicken nuggets." Grind up a bag or two at a time, store in a ziplock in the freezer. Add other seasonings as desired.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    If they're clean (not loaded up with crap ingredients) they're wonderful!

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    If they're clean (not loaded up with crap ingredients) they're wonderful!
    For real... be sure to check the ingredients on those things... I love em, but some can have some pretty ugly stuff in em.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i can get freshly made pork rinds at the mexican market around the corner. chicharones. so good! they just fry out the back fat in this big copper vat. it's friggin awesome.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duckmama View Post
    I grind them up in my food processor and use them occasionally as breading on things. I can't stand the taste/smell on their own, but they rock as a breading on things like "primal chicken nuggets." Grind up a bag or two at a time, store in a ziplock in the freezer. Add other seasonings as desired.
    Great idea. I think I'll make some popcorn shrimp for dinner. I have this one package of chincharones I bought yesterday staring at me, daring me to open it and only eat one. Yeahright.

At the risk of sounding ethnically biased, I have found that the ones sold in the Asian markets tend to be the ones with all the MSG and other chemical additives. At the Mexican markets, they have them with just pork and salt.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Mexican market I go to has them con carne-skin with a nice chunk of meat and fat attached. I usually get myself one (a piece about 1.5" wide and 4" long) to snack on on the way home. They are tasty but very rich.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n