Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psoriasis, anyone? page

barehard Guest

I have had psoriasis on my elbows and knees for 7 years. In the last year, it has spread to my left ear and my eyebrows. Nothing has shifted it in the past. This is accompanied with terrible facial skin quality. 2 weeks into this diet and my face is 90% clear of spots, my ear has completely healed itself and my eyebrows are not flaky. YAY! I'm rather confident my elbows and knees will sort themselves out in due course. Oh yeah and my knees have stopped clicking when walking up stairs (i thought that was the onset of psoriatic arthritis but now I just think it was general inflammation...who cares, it's gone!)

Acmebike is offline Member

You eliminated some auto-immune issues through the elimination of neolithic poisons, posing as "food"! Congratulations! Imagine that same type of skin issue in the lining of your arteries, best to be rid of that psoriasis.

There is so much to this way of eating, just look at folks around you every day, imagine the healing any individual might gain from this! Good job, only 2 weeks in, should make great gains after more time!

barehard Guest

I can't wait till it heals completely (fingers crossed.) When I went to the doctor about it, she said that it is an incurable disease and I should learn to live with it. I asked her if diet would help at all because I'd read some articles on the internet. She told me the internet is full of rubbish and i shouldnt listen to it. She gave me some steroid cream for it and I never took it. Can't wait to go and tell her categorically she is wrong.

pieter d is offline Junior Member

Barehard,

Nice! I have some psoriasis myself (only elbows and knees) for 5 years. I have seen some improvement on the primal diet. Last summer, because of vit D through sunshine probably, it was completely gone.

Now I have got some minor psoriasis again, probably due to lack of sunshine (live in wintery Belgium).

I'm still experimenting a bit to see what causes or improves the psoriasis: experiment with dairy, vit D supplementation (oral), ...

What do you think was the major contribution of your improvement? Would be nice to learn...

Cheers,

stevew is offline Member

I get psoriasis too. Used to get it pretty bad but this diet along with vit D, ZMA and omega 3 supplementation, drinking nettle tea, eliminating sodium laureth sulfate (in soap and shampoo) and using cholecalciferol cream I'm pretty much completely clear.

Sounds like a lot of hassle but living in England where the weather's crap and the water's hard, you just have to compensate for that. I'm sure if I moved to a warmer country it'd be much easier.

andyincc Guest

Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that is thought to be caused by an autoimmune response to mycotoxins, which are metabolites of fungus, in the bloodstream or elsewhere due to systemic or other fungal infections (fungemia) in the body. Psoriasis can result from overuse or abuse of antibiotics, which are themselves fungal metabolites, and can also be a symptom of omega 3 deficiency due to bad or improper diet which causes inflammation and, in the case of psoriasis, acceleration of skin cell growth.

Since psoriasis is a form of inflammation it can easily be treated with omega 3 supplementation by taking a good quality fish or krill oil which has natural anti inflammatory properties via the omega 3's.

Adopting an antifungal diet regimen along with natural anti fungals supplementation can be effective in treating chronic psoriasis. There are many good natural antifungal agents including CAPRYLIC ACID, OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT, PAU D'ARCO, CLOVES, GARLIC, and others which are recommended to be used in a 30 day rotation.

One I like in particular is oil of oregano which, besides having powerful anti fungal properties , is also antiviral, antibacterial and antiparasitic as well.

Oregano oil is usually taken orally but can also be applied topically directly to the psoriatic skin.

For more info re natural antifungals go here:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=356231

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member

Barehard (or any other psoriasis sufferers) has it cleared up in the month since this post?

I have it and I am having an incredibly itchy day (you know when you go to the bathroom so you can remove some clothing and have a good scratch) and I need to know there is hope ahead....

barehard Guest

There's been continuous improvement since this post Mog. I only have it on my elbows and knees now (ear and eyebrows completely healed.)My elbows are more or less clear now, I can see the new skin growing through from behind the redness if you know what I mean. Not as much improvement as I'd like with the knees though. I've prioritised gaining mass with healing my psoriasis though lately so I've been eating a great volume of (still primal of course) foods. I would have probably seen more progress by fasting twice a week to give my body time to heal or sticking to a lower food volume diet to not overstress my system. That's just how I feel about it, that may not be based on science. I'm happy with the elbows though at the moment- it means I can wear a tshirt confidently this year for the first time since I was 17. The knees will be sporting 3/4 length shorts if it's not healed by the summer.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

I don't have psoriasis, but I've had a lot of atopic eczema. Most is gone, but where I had the worst reaction I still have some reactions at times. Such as today. Only thing I can explain it with was that I had a sauce yesterday where the thickening used was flour... I noticed it immedeately after the meal because I instantly felt bloated. :S

I recon it will clear up during summer and hope to get rid of it completely.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

ana
    ana is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I had a lot of success with my eczema after reading 'Healing psoriasis: the natural alternative' by Dr Pagano. There's a chapter on eczema in there, but the advice is quite similar for both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast