Hello All,

I am 61 yrs old, weigh about 190 lbs and want to lose to 130 lbs. I found this website about 2 weeks ago, and have been reading it daily. Bought my book, and am trying to sift through the enormous amount of info on this site. My history is: was thin while growing up... gained weight all three times I was pregnant in 3 years, and then lost it all following that. Then in my early 40/s I fell and hurt my back and was unable to work for almost a year and gained about 100 lbs.. or more. Trying diet after diet, nothing working, walking with a cane most of the time, my doctor said I needed a gastric bypass to live much longer. So about 10 years ago, I went in for a gastric bypass, lost about 100 lbs, and got down to about 165 and stayed there for lots of years. Now in the last few years my weight has slowly started creeping up, so I now weigh 190 lbs. I do not want to go back to what I was before.. I refuse to. So after reading as much as I did on this website and the book, I have decided to go Primal, probably a little at a time, but constant. I have trouble staying on diets, but this is a new way of eating and I am trying to look at it that way.
Being able to eat anytime is a good thing, and it will work. I like the idea of eating fruit also, because I love apples.
I am living in Tyler, TX.. is anyone out there from this area???
Also, I have a few questions on posting, such as .. is there a way to go back to the same post without searching for it for a long time???
I am hoping I can find my way back to this post to see the answers.. to my questions.
On Day four and doing ok..

Lisa