Pumpkin Pie with Nut Crust (dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free)
This dairy-free pumpkin pie is pictured with real whipped cream. Ha, ha! My bad. Makes for a pretty picture, but it's dairy. To be completely honest, it didn't even dawn on me until after the pictures were taken and the pie was devoured. If you are avoiding dairy, you can avoid my faux pas and serve with fresh whipped coconut cream. It's quite simple to make, however, unless you use a stabilizer of some sort, it does not get as stiff as whipped cream. Nonetheless, it is dairy-free deliciousness!
Pumpkin Pie with Nut Crust
Recipe by Healthy Living How To
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 c. Unblanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Meal/Flour
- 1/4 c. Extra Light Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
1. With a fork, mix oil with nut flour and salt until you have a "crumble-like" texture.
2. With fingers, pat crust into bottom and halfway up the sides of 9 inch pie plate.
3. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
4. Must be completely cool before filling.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- (1) 15 oz. Can Farmer's Market Organic Pumpkin
- (1) 13.5 oz. Can Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 Nut Crust
1. Mix pumpkin, coconut milk, spices and stevia together.
2. Add eggs and mix slowly just until thoroughly mixed.
3. Pour pie filling into nut crust.
3. Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° F for an additional 35 minutes.
4. Thoroughly cool and chill before serving with a dollop of fresh whipped coconut cream.
Oooo... I was going to give your other Pumpkin Pie recipe a second try, but this one has a crust.
I love your recipes. I have tried a couple and all have turned out just great. Can't wait for Thanksgiving to give this a try.
Thank you for taking the time to comment! I realize not every recipe is for every one; our palates vary. This recipe I tested out on my sugar eating mom. She loved it.
Originally Posted by trob1234
Your recipes all look so good!
They do all look good. And I love love love pumpkin!
Thanks for this recipe! Just in time for turkey day!