Thread: coconut chipotle beef chili page

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member

coconut chipotle beef chili

Shop Now
    2 packages of grass-fed beef mince, 4 cans of organic chopped tomatoes, 3 red onions, 1 can of red kidney beans, a block of coconut cream and a dash of coconut flour, 6 chipotle chilis (washed and chopped), 3 bulbs of garlic (ish), 1 cup homemade chicken stock, and cumin/thyme/oregano/black pepper to taste. i let it stew about 2 hours.

yum. (warning: high risk of "hot arse" syndrome the next day!)

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    sounds pretty good minus the beans. wouldnt the cream over dilute the chipolte heat? im latino so hot stuff is def for me.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    i think the coconut probably diluted the heat about as much as the meat itself would. it was pretty hot as it was and there was plenty of scope for using more chipotles to up the heat factor. the coconut was kind of a background flavour and didn't take over the chili-ness of the dish at all. the beans, however, were suuuuuper diluted; they probably constituted about 1% of the chili by volume and .5% of the calories, so i wasn't really worried about them except for providing zones of changed texture. celery might work?