Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOW LONG did it take you to fully convert to paleo diet? page 3

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheebie View Post
    This is so true ~ and I'm the baker in our house as well. When I discovered PB, I thought, "I'll give this a shot, but there's no WAY I'm giving up pasta, bread, crackers, cookies . . . " That was a year ago. I've gone "off primal" twice for weeks at a stretch each time . . . and felt crappy. Now I enjoy the constant energy level; an appetite that comes on gradually; not getting "the hunger shakes"; and feeling lean and lithe. (Side note ~ I didn't need to lose weight when I started, but I can absoultely see and feel a difference when I over-indulge. That alone sends me running back to PB!)
    My husband was skeptical and he's not as primal as I am, but he says he notices a differnce too if he eats grains or too much of an 'indulgence' food. One day I'll get him to give up his beloved Sunday morning waffles . . .
    I do not miss the hunger shakes. It was a pain cleaning the blender every day anyway. ::rimshot::

We went waaaaay off the path in France and...I won't lie, we honestly felt fine. The only intestinal discomfort we experienced was AFTER the trip was over, and I chalk that up to the plane food on the way back.

But I suspect part of why I didn't feel like crap in France was that, on top of a few slices of bread and morning croissants with jam, I also ate a ton of fat, protein, and offal (pate, foie gras, gizzards, buttery butter, blood sausage, cheese, you name it). And when we got back, we went back to how we normally eat. Which is to say: steak.

Ummm...not that you should go off the wagon within two weeks of starting the PB. We were eating like this for seven months before the France trip. And I did gain weight in France, despite epic amounts of walking. But I'm almost back to where I was pre-France, so no worries.

Now, I need to go finish my primal moussaka and finish out my day at work. You'll never guess what's for dinner! Hint: starts with "st" ends with "eak". ^_^

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    I've been primal since april 7th, 2010...so few months short of 2 years.

This date is my new birthday, because this is when I literally 'woke up' and smelled the flowers. All those years before primal wasn't living. I was a consumer, a constant buyer of worthless things that was triggered by boredom, or to look for happiness. I've always felt there is something missing in my life and had no clue what it was. Now, I'm a minimalist...not only that, I literally don't buy anything other than nutritious food that feeds my body well and makes me feel good.

I am the complete opposite today than I was then.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    I've been primal since april 7th, 2010...so few months short of 2 years.

This date is my new birthday, because this is when I literally 'woke up' and smelled the flowers. All those years before primal wasn't living. I was a consumer, a constant buyer of worthless things that was triggered by boredom, or to look for happiness. I've always felt there is something missing in my life and had no clue what it was. Now, I'm a minimalist...not only that, I literally don't buy anything other than nutritious food that feeds my body well and makes me feel good.

I am the complete opposite today than I was then.
    this is uplifting, thank you

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Without knowing it I have been working towards paleo for the last few years. Found the forum, read the blueprint and jumped right in...been a great 5 weeks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123