Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stubborn belly "fat" page

barehard Guest

Primal Fuel

I'm skinny with a protruding lower belly. I'm determined to get rid of it this year. It does not feel like fat though that's the funny thing. It feels like a hard bulge. So far in my research, I know that culprits could be bloat from dairy, so I'm cutting that out completely (still have milk in tea at the moment and cheese occasionaly) Does anyone know any other causes? My carbs stay below 50 at the moment, maybe i need to cut them further? Any thoughts?

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

How long have you been doing Low Carb?

barehard Guest

2 weeks. Lol, when I look at it like that, yeah i need to be patient. But it's just it feels like i've leaned up in other areas but my belly just seems to have even possibly got bigger. It's like i've got a 6 pack when I'm hungry and a potbelly when I've eaten. Maybe it's just my frame i dont know. I'm a convert of low-carb living though, i won't be giving up this way of eating purely for the energy.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

You may still be recovering from the gut inflammation caused by grains and/or dairy. Good call on eliminating the dairy as an experiment.

Also, check into some stretches for your psoas -- a tight psoas can cause the appearance of a potbelly. http://www.somatics.com/psoas.htm

And, strength training (compound lifts, planks) will help tighten up all your muscles, abs included, for a more shapely profile.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

barehard Guest

Thanks Barbey, very interesting. I'll read up a bit on that and try it out.

jspegel is offline Junior Member

That is how my pregnant wifes belly feels. ;-)

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

barehard Guest

Visceral fat- is there any information relating to where the body chooses to get it's fuel from when burning fat. Do certain conditions encourage the use of visceral fat over subcutaneous? Thanks for the link AuH20girl

Katt is offline Senior Member

Dr. Eades has said that visceral fat is the easiest to burn. He had a regimen of a week of protein shakes with only one solid meal a day, then a week of almost all meat. Repeat as necessary. But that's not entirely primal.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

barehard Guest

Sounds like a quick fix to me. I'm gonna give the slow and steady route a go before I resort to his advice. Thanks anyway Katt, I'd not heard of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast