Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seniors.. page

dee70 is offline Junior Member

Seniors..

Shop Now
    Is anyone just starting and in their 60?

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Dee -- more or less starting -- I have the diet down pretty well, but exercise??? Not so much.

I'll be 61 at the end of this year, and I'll be happy to be part of a mutual support group with you.
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Gloworm is offline Member
    I'm only 43 but 2 months ago, took my Mom and Dad Primal/Paleo, ages 64 + 65. They have respectively lost 14 and 18 pounds and feel amazing. Were you looking for support or did you have questions? I'd be happy to help if I can.
    www.ohcrappottytraining.com
    This isn't what I wanted to be when I grew up; a potty trainer.
    I wanted to be a pirate. Well. You know how that goes.

Grizzz is offline Junior Member
    I’m 67, went Paleo on 10/12, then Primal 10/31. I lost 6 pounds on Paleo and 5 lbs so far on Primal.

Tejas is offline Junior Member
    Yes, I've just turned 66 and starting paleo. I'd be happy to be part of a group discussion.

Grizzz is offline Junior Member
    It would be nice to have a support group with, shall I say, the more mature members. I belonged to other site forums but found that I don’t have a lot in common with a lot of the younger set, since they don’t have the problems that I have cultivated over the years. If you are interested, I posted my story on page 276 of the Obligatory Forum Introduce yourself thread.

healthygrg is offline Junior Member
    Tomorrow is my start day.....I'm 68 and from 2009 through 2010, I did a low-carb program with my ND. I lost 72# the first year and only 15 the second year and then plateaued. Due to a number of stressors, I stopped seeing the ND weekly (partly the money) and over the last 10 months have gained back 35#. This seems to be the best program for me to obtain my goal of a "normal" weight for me: I am 5'1 and have struggled for years with a lot of extra weight and hypothyroid. Otherwise, I am healthier than most of my friends that are my age. But I need a support group. Looks like I have found it! : )

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I am 68 and have been doing something like Primal for a year and a half. I am probably closest to Archevore but i get a lot from MDA. I'm doing great.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Aili is offline Senior Member
    I am 60 years old and have been a member since May, 2011. I have lost about 20 lbs (can only tell by clothing) and have experimented with paleo/ primal foods. I feel best w/o nuts, so eat meat and veggies with some dairy. I have a good source of organic, raw dairy so I make yogurt. Actually, I am lucky in that a good friend has an 'organic everything' farm close by so my family can have meat, eggs, milk, etc. from him and our own organic veggies and berries.
    I check out MDA and paleohacks most days and REALLY appreciate connecting with other vantage aged folks like here!!!!
    Last edited by Aili; 11-08-2011 at 06:41 AM.

lisawantstolose is offline Junior Member
    I am 61 and just started on Friday, 11-4-11. I would love to have a support group.. let me know.
    Lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast